Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.16 Beta Released With Many Features

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.16 Beta Released With Many Features

The KDE community today rolled out the beta of the Plasma 5.16 desktop upgrade and it's huge...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

You can't edit color schemes anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      You can't edit color schemes anymore?
      Yes, you still can. There's been no functional changes to this, only UI improvements to improve consistency with other pages in System Settings

Comment

KDE has been in development for 30 years and still more bloated and with less features than XFCE, the bestest, smoothest and fasted linux desktop enviroment. XFCE is complete, it does not need further development only maintenance.

Comment

In Mozillas Bugzilla the comment above would be just hidden (available only via extra click).

I'm using KDE as my daily driver on all PCs, and I'm very satisfied with it. The biggest advantage is the possibility to customize / fine-tune the desktop to my needs.

Comment

KDE 5.16 also has the nVidia performance fix, yes?

(What's with the XFCE salesman in the KDE thread, cool story bro.)

Comment

Originally posted by xorbe View Post

Keep using your bloated and buggy IBM anti-Linux desktop. Meanwhile I am using my fast and super smooth, mega stable XFCE desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by xorbe View Post

All of these seem to be parody accounts of debianxfce, a user who wouldn't shut the fuck up about how xfce + debian was so much better than everything else.

It's hard to get the joke if you haven't read any post by the original user.

Comment

I am looking forward to the 5.16 work - hoping to (finally) change over to the Wayland session. been following ngraham's weekly usability updates with keen interest!

Actually ngraham is the team dog fooding the wayland session heaps?

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
                    I am looking forward to the 5.16 work - hoping to (finally) change over to the Wayland session. been following ngraham's weekly usability updates with keen interest!

Actually ngraham is the team dog fooding the wayland session heaps?
                    Yes. I plan to start as well, now that Plasma 5.16 has resolved my last blocker: Support for Libinput touchpad click method.

Comment

Working...
                    X