No announcement yet.

Wine-Staging 4.8 Brings More Joystick Improvements, 64-bit ARM Windows App Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine-Staging 4.8 Brings More Joystick Improvements, 64-bit ARM Windows App Fix

Phoronix: Wine-Staging 4.8 Brings More Joystick Improvements, 64-bit ARM Windows App Fix

Hot off the release of Wine 4.8, Wine-Staging 4.8 has already been released with its hundreds of patches re-based atop this latest upstream Wine code for handling Windows games/applications on Linux and other operating systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm gonna give it a shoot. I hope it fixes Xbox one gamepads. Wine don't map them correctly when they are connected though bluetooth. Using an usb cable works fine though.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeioth View Post
      I'm gonna give it a shoot. I hope it fixes Xbox one gamepads. Wine don't map them correctly when they are connected though bluetooth. Using an usb cable works fine though.
      That's not a wine issue, but the controller having a very weird HID interface, which even presents different mappings based on how it was connected last time, and to what device. And also some buttons are reported as keyboard buttons... You need a proper driver that conceals this, install xpad-neo and the controller will work as well as it does wired.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post

That's not a wine issue, but the controller having a very weird HID interface, which even presents different mappings based on how it was connected last time, and to what device. And also some buttons are reported as keyboard buttons... You need a proper driver that conceals this, install xpad-neo and the controller will work as well as it does wired.
        That actually worked thanks!! I hope they include the driver in the kernel in the future.
        EDIT: Wow, they are already on it (help wanted).
        Last edited by Zeioth; 11 May 2019, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X