No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma 5.16 Rolling Out Rewritten Notification System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can they please take time to get rid of the sign on's. I log into the system, then get prompted for some keyring password, then get prompted for a wallet password. I don't even know what they are

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud View Post
      Can they please take time to get rid of the sign on's. I log into the system, then get prompted for some keyring password, then get prompted for a wallet password. I don't even know what they are
      If you don't use those things you can just uninstall them, or at least disable their services. That's what I do, and I don't get any prompts.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud View Post
        Keyring is Gnome's password manager, KWallet is KDE's. Both very useful, imho, but terribly annoying them being two.

Comment

Well known KDE developer Kai Uwe
          A bit odd that you only use his first name(s)...

Comment

Seems like an awesome improvement of Kai Uwe, will test it as soon as possible.

Hope the examples mentioned in his blog work on Wayland too, like drag and drop of the screenshot.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
              I'm curious when they will rewrite/remove Plasma completely.
              I'm sure they will after you hire them and pay them to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

I'm sorry, why should a DE provide this feature?
                In fact, for Intel there's a 3rd party plasmoid for that.

Comment

Why do you only report on IBM software and not something good and usable like XFCE? XFCE 4.14 which will release in 2025 will finally have a fix for screen tearing. Is this not worth mentioning?

Comment

Current notification system is messed up. The icon practically never appears in the notification area. I hope the redesign makes it better.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                      Current notification system is messed up. The icon practically never appears in the notification area. I hope the redesign makes it better.
                      In the system tray settings (right click the up arrow) you can go to entries and set the notifications applet to always stay on the panel.

Comment

Working...
                      X