Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Krita 4.2 Alpha Brings Performance Improvements, Other Digital Painting Enhancements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krita 4.2 Alpha Brings Performance Improvements, Other Digital Painting Enhancements

Phoronix: Krita 4.2 Alpha Brings Performance Improvements, Other Digital Painting Enhancements

Krita 4.2 is slated to be released later in May while today an alpha release is available for helping to test this release, which should be in largely good shape considering there were more than 200 bugs closed in the past month...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sounds pretty good. I wonder when Krita will be a viable replacement for GIMP for image editing. From what I've tried back in the day, it's really designed for drawing, and the interface on tablets is simply wonderful. Trying to use it as an image editor on the other hand was pretty clunky, and it definitely felt like it wasn't designed for that purpose.

I've seen some people use Krita to view PSD files, claiming that they prefer it. It might be good for that use case, but it's not something I need. I also wonder how many people were put off by GIMP's slowness before 2.10 came out, as well as the default choice of a multi-window mode, which is the first thing I turn off. The fact that the old version looked dated probably contributed to first impressions as well, I guess people expect aesthetically pleasing interface out of the box. I've dealt with enough bullying and having people look down on me because I prefer GIMP, so making me switch away would be pretty hard.

Comment

Working...
    X