Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.32.2 Offers Up The Latest Batch Of Fixes

Phoronix: GNOME 3.32.2 Offers Up The Latest Batch Of Fixes

GNOME 3.32.2 is now available as the latest (and final) stable release update for March's big GNOME 3.32 desktop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    What a masochistic desktop. There would be a lot of less "news" without gnome3 and the world would be better.
    No. I like gnome 3, and I'm developer,..

Comment

GNOME 3: by developers, for themselves. (the user must adapt to it)
      KDE: by developers, for users. (the desktop must adapt to the user's needs)

Comment

Who cares about Gnome. My XFCE setup running on debian runs super giga smooth low latency HD very nice with Raytracing desktop without illuminaty IBM lizardman software.

Comment

Have they fixed Ins key and it's combinations on multi-layout systems?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
            GNOME 3: by developers, for themselves. (the user must adapt to it)
            KDE: by developers, for users. (the desktop must adapt to the user's needs)
            The former is fine to me. Swapping OSs it's expected to adapt. I adapted to GNOMEs workflow and eventually found it far superior to other DEs.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

The former is fine to me. Swapping OSs it's expected to adapt. I adapted to GNOMEs workflow and eventually found it far superior to other DEs.
              That is pretty much ok, but with GNOME you need to adapt to each release just this another annoying bit. I can't say any of DEs I've used are FAR superior to others, each have it own cons and pros.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
                FYI you can have the same workflow as GNOME on KDE, your argument is invalid.

Comment

Originally posted by blacknova View Post

That is pretty much ok, but with GNOME you need to adapt to each release just this another annoying bit. I can't say any of DEs I've used are FAR superior to others, each have it own cons and pros.
                  I find GNOMES workflow for me is superior, to the point I miss it when using Windows or OS X. But I know there's issues with GNOMEs performance etc.

I don't however go on KDE threads and start saying anyone who uses KDE gets sexual pleasure out of cutting themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                    FYI you can have the same workflow as GNOME on KDE, your argument is invalid.
                    It's perfectly valid because I don't want to have to edit a DE nor should I have to edit a DE.

Comment

Working...
                    X