Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KWin-LowLatency: An Effort To Yield Less Stutter & Lower Latency With The KDE Desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuzz
    replied
    Originally posted by retardxfce View Post
    Screen tearing is not a problem for me because with my custom debian kernel I get 45fps while running the XFCE desktop.
    very wow such linux use now

Leave a comment:

• retardxfce
    replied
    Screen tearing will be fixed in XFCE in version 4.14 which will be released in maybe 2025 or 2030.

Screen tearing is not a problem for me because with my custom debian kernel I get 45fps while running the XFCE desktop.

Leave a comment:

• oiaohm
    replied
    Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    Who cares. The Xfce desktop works fine without tweaking.
    It does matter because you butted when I said to a person that vsync cannot be turned fully off. With solution that automatically turn on anti tear that is in fact vsync part on. So your counter example was your normal incompetent bogus. Please do me the favour of staying out of these technical level debates because you really don't understand xfce enough.

I know and many wayland packages are bloatware in Debian. It is no wonder everyone use wine-staging when a wine developer is wasting time here.
    I am a wine support person. Not a wine developer. So yes I do help wine-staging people be able to submit correct and valid bug reported and if they wish to perform regression tests. A support person being hear means developers don't have to come here and waste time correct false information from people like you debianxfce.

Why I know what xfce does is some of the settings it does at times really causes some strange bugs that turn out to be hey Xfce set state this way user was expect it the other way so their bug report is false.

Leave a comment:

• oiaohm
    replied
    Tearfree is the property of the amdgpu driver. You have vsync in compositors and games. No vsync and Tearfree in my video as you see.
    No you are using XFCE and you said you had Tearfree on auto. XFCE sends a RandR screen rotation message every single time it starts up. So its TearFree on. You video does not look like XFCE with TearFree=no that is off.

So many that only few distributions uses it.
    Lots of distributions ship with wayland just not as defaults. So a lot more users try it than first appear.

Most of the wayland issues are not protocol. X11 protocol has over 200 unable to fix protocol bugs only solution long term is sand-boxing.

You would be the only one dumb enough to upvote yourself xfce.

Debian with Hurd is only i386. Worst Hurd you only have ext2 support so no ext3 journal for fast recovery after improper shutdown. Lack of SMP multi threaded.... List goes on.

Then you go and look at the git of hurd.

Hmm there are not very many commits.
    A free Windows-compatible Operating System. Contribute to reactos/reactos development by creating an account on GitHub.

Please note I am not comparing it to Linux. It has less commits in a year than reactos has in a month. I could point to freedos as well as it last less commits a year than bartoldeman at freedos that is fairly much the last main developer there.

Leave a comment:

• retardxfce
    replied

On Debian or gentoo? A very clever nickname you have, dear gnome3 user. You are really pissed when using IBM software.
    gnome3??? I would rather kill myself than use any IBM trash software! I run XFCE on Debian with the GNU-HURD kernel since RedHat , Intel and other IBM companies are the biggest contributors to the Linux kernel.

Leave a comment:

• xfcedebian
    replied

On Debian or gentoo? A very clever nickname you have, dear gnome3 user. You are really pissed when using IBM software.
    I know, right, brother? I keep telling all these pathetic IBM lackies to buzz off and leave us self-respecting Xorg users alone, but they just don't listen. All they keep doing is posting links to stuff that I don't bother clicking because I know it's just propaganda.

Leave a comment:

• retardxfce
    replied

I mean the damn thing enforces pebkac to an extreme. Who ever wrote obviously never worked in an environment with more than a few people. When you get forced to enter a root password for every little thing, somebody around you is going to get that password, it's inevitable... It's fucking retarded....
    Screen tearing is a feature not a bug. My XFCE desktop is so fast that it causes a rift in the space-time continuum which results in screen tearing. Plus, no IBM desktop has screen tearing, this makes my XFCE desktop very unique and super cool.

Leave a comment:

• oiaohm
    replied
    A property that has values auto, on and off can not be half on. Tearfree is a digital value, not analog.
    Half on is possible even with Tearfree. Because compositor can say Tearfree on and from mesa application can say Tearfree off. This means the buffer merges inside the application are done without consideration to tearing but the output tearing is considered. This is the half on state. Part of the stack has it on part of the stack has it off.

Wayland is garbage and will never replace X, see:
    https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/wayland/issues
    That not many issues.
    X.Org and X11 protocol, server, driver, library, and application development

Really Wayland does not have that many bugs.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Damn, I think we've driven him into a schizophrenic psychosis.

Leave a comment:

• xfcedebian
    replied

When running above I have a couple of centiliters tearing at the bottom of the bar. I can not see such a thing when watching TV with VLC. The Xfce desktop is light and fast, try it yourself.
    Well said. I have absolutely no clue what this user is doing not using Xfce. Probably an IBM drone. I don't experience any tearing on my Xfce desktop either as long as I've had a few shots of vodka before hand. It's like the users here don't even know how to use good software.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X