Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KWin-LowLatency: An Effort To Yield Less Stutter & Lower Latency With The KDE Desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

On Debian or gentoo? A very clever nickname you have, dear gnome3 user. You are really pissed when using IBM software.
    I know, right, brother? I keep telling all these pathetic IBM lackies to buzz off and leave us self-respecting Xorg users alone, but they just don't listen. All they keep doing is posting links to stuff that I don't bother clicking because I know it's just propaganda.

Comment

On Debian or gentoo? A very clever nickname you have, dear gnome3 user. You are really pissed when using IBM software.
      gnome3??? I would rather kill myself than use any IBM trash software! I run XFCE on Debian with the GNU-HURD kernel since RedHat , Intel and other IBM companies are the biggest contributors to the Linux kernel.

Comment

Tearfree is the property of the amdgpu driver. You have vsync in compositors and games. No vsync and Tearfree in my video as you see.
        No you are using XFCE and you said you had Tearfree on auto. XFCE sends a RandR screen rotation message every single time it starts up. So its TearFree on. You video does not look like XFCE with TearFree=no that is off.

So many that only few distributions uses it.
        Lots of distributions ship with wayland just not as defaults. So a lot more users try it than first appear.

Most of the wayland issues are not protocol. X11 protocol has over 200 unable to fix protocol bugs only solution long term is sand-boxing.

You would be the only one dumb enough to upvote yourself xfce.

Debian with Hurd is only i386. Worst Hurd you only have ext2 support so no ext3 journal for fast recovery after improper shutdown. Lack of SMP multi threaded.... List goes on.

Then you go and look at the git of hurd.

Hmm there are not very many commits.
        A free Windows-compatible Operating System. Contribute to reactos/reactos development by creating an account on GitHub.

Please note I am not comparing it to Linux. It has less commits in a year than reactos has in a month. I could point to freedos as well as it last less commits a year than bartoldeman at freedos that is fairly much the last main developer there.

Comment

Who cares. The Xfce desktop works fine without tweaking.
          It does matter because you butted when I said to a person that vsync cannot be turned fully off. With solution that automatically turn on anti tear that is in fact vsync part on. So your counter example was your normal incompetent bogus. Please do me the favour of staying out of these technical level debates because you really don't understand xfce enough.

I know and many wayland packages are bloatware in Debian. It is no wonder everyone use wine-staging when a wine developer is wasting time here.
          I am a wine support person. Not a wine developer. So yes I do help wine-staging people be able to submit correct and valid bug reported and if they wish to perform regression tests. A support person being hear means developers don't have to come here and waste time correct false information from people like you debianxfce.

Why I know what xfce does is some of the settings it does at times really causes some strange bugs that turn out to be hey Xfce set state this way user was expect it the other way so their bug report is false.

Comment

Screen tearing will be fixed in XFCE in version 4.14 which will be released in maybe 2025 or 2030.

Screen tearing is not a problem for me because with my custom debian kernel I get 45fps while running the XFCE desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by retardxfce View Post
              Screen tearing is not a problem for me because with my custom debian kernel I get 45fps while running the XFCE desktop.
              very wow such linux use now

Comment

There is tearing when moving windows fast and with the vertical bar tearing web test page when the compositor is disabled and no Tearfree option in xorg.conf. So Tearfree is off in the xf86-video-amdgpu driver.
                Completely wrong for the current version of the driver.

man amdgpu
                Option "TearFree" "boolean"
                If this option isn't set, the default value of the property is auto, which means that TearFree is on for rotated outputs, outputs with RandR transforms applied and for RandR 1.4 slave outputs, otherwise off.

This is from the man page with xf86-video-amdgpu 18.1.99.

Note the bold out the amdgpu man page on debian. Default when xorg.conf does not contain a Tearfree option is auto. Do note rotated as in you send a RandR rotation instructions and the result is on.

Option "TearFree" "off" need to be in xorg.conf for TearFree to be off otherwise more often than not its in fact on. Old versions of xf86-video-amdgpu the default was off.

Vsync is a feature of the GPU card and Tearfree is a feature of the f86-video-amdgpu driver. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_tearing#V-sync
                Yep xf86-video-amdgpu with tearfree ends up using the vsync for buffer switching behind your back. This results in half on state. Where the buffers inside applications are not being processed with vsync in mind but the output rendering is being processed with vsync in mind.

IT support persons are low educated usually. I planned to stop this nonsense but you trolled.
                IT support personal know to read man pages as you don't. You are lower educated than us support personal as we learn things change.

xf86-video-amdgpu TearFree has changed from a default of off to a default of auto that mostly equals on. Your video very much looks like xfce on xf86-video-amdgpu after the change in default.

Yes people says that testing/buster with amd cards is rendering better than prior stable. The reason is a lot todo with the fact TearFree using Vsync is most of the time turning on by default. This is more aligned with how Windows NT-!0 has been doing it the complete time.
                Last edited by oiaohm; 14 May 2019, 01:57 AM. Reason: Added the debian man pages.links and note about the difference.

Comment

Comment

When Randr is none, it is not enabled. See Settings/Display of the Xfce desktop.
                    Not true.
                    https://github.com/xfce-mirror/xfwm4...307bdaa4dfa7f2
                    Randr rotation 0 is done by GDK part of GTK. You will see commit after commit address Randr issues using GDK. Great fun a default setting hidden inside libraries in this case is GDK.

Settings/Display of the Xfce desktop is a big fat lie in places. This is what happens when you don't built the toolkit you are using and it does not in fact tell you everything. Things are done in background you are not aware of.

Really you are so far out of your depth and only digging yourself deeper.

Comment

Originally posted by oiaohm View Post

EGL_CHROMIUM_sync_control is not required. EGL_KHR_sync + egl_swapinterval settings should do the job. Basically standard EGL. There is EGL_NV_SYNC and a few other vendor particular.
                      Really? I thought you couldn't have a sync object for the VBlank interval...

But actually, what I mean is a method to wait for VBlank without swapping buffers.

Comment

Working...
                      X