Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KWin-LowLatency: An Effort To Yield Less Stutter & Lower Latency With The KDE Desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sethox
    replied
    There is something to consider here. Mainstream code is supposed to be as clean as possible, that is why new ideas get rejected way too often. The point is not to give up because you get rejected, it means that the new idea has to be refined to the point that it fits the mainstream of said project.
    This is common sense, just because developers does not say it in this manner, it is the underline principle.

What bothers me is that people think rejection defines "no innovation" is borderline <self censor>.

Leave a comment:

• dkasak
    replied
    Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    "It is sad to see this kind of pro software in the Linux community as a stupidity developer.
    Word!

Leave a comment:

• boxie
    replied
    Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

What is the point of this? You need X for games and other apps anyway.
    with that attitude, sure, we will always need it.

Leave a comment:

• R41N3R
    replied
    Always appreciated if somebody tries to improve kwin. I do use Plasma Wayland only nowadays, so it wan't be useful for me at the moment

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Typos:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    at the moment.Additionally,
    (missing space after dot)

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    have said they didn't want to mege upstream.

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    It's going to be rather useless with Wayland and Freesync. Someone should better continue the work on KWin over Vulkan.

Leave a comment:

• KWin-LowLatency: An Effort To Yield Less Stutter & Lower Latency With The KDE Desktop

Phoronix: KWin-LowLatency: An Effort To Yield Less Stutter & Lower Latency With The KDE Desktop

The kwin-lowlatency project is an independent fork of the KWin window manager / compositor aiming to deliver less stutter and a more responsive KDE desktop experience...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...in-Low-Latency
Working...
X