Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firefox 66.0.4 Released To Address The Broken Add-Ons Issue Due To Expired Certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xpi/ folder is missing in Mozilla repo for this version :/

Comment

I have kept xpinstall.signatures.required set to false since this whole extension signing mess (disabling, not just warning) began so I never had this problem.

Comment

I just found an interesting feature/bug in release versions of Firefox with this: If you set xpinstall.signatures.required the "expired" or unsigned extensions WILL run but cannot be reconfigured as the add-ons page thinks they are disabled. I just switched to nightly to permanently ensure support for unsigned extensions, making sure of course to disable all data collection.

Comment

And here we have the problem with Linux.
          How long will it take for the update to be available via the official paketmanager?!
          Why is there even a delay for critical updates like this?

I don't get why this takes so long.
          Even for normal updates, why does it take 2 days, sometimes a whole week for the update to be available?

edit: I don't mean Mozilla here, I mean the distributions like Ubuntu etc

Comment

Originally posted by lowflyer View Post

You also have to tell that the studies you mention took usually ~6 hours to get installed.
            I did the "study" method and it took only 5 minutes from nothing working to everything back as it was, disabled the studies, everything is still the same.

Where is this six hour time frame coming from?

Comment

I can confirm that as of this morning Monday May 6th, the new update for Firefox on Android allows extensions. I only use three. uBlock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere and Webmail Ad Blocker (which is no longer on the Play Store and must be installed from Jason Savard's website). They are all working great.

Comment

I had a different issue. All add-on were expired and disabled except HTTPS-Everywhere, which kept functioning.
                Also all my themes were also expired and disabled.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbis55 View Post
                  How long will it take for the update to be available via the official paketmanager?!
                  edit: I don't mean Mozilla here, I mean the distributions like Ubuntu etc
                  Thought the same and didn't find any reference, so here's what I found for Ubuntu:

1. 2019-05-05 15:21 UTC: FF was released ( https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/...nux-x86_64/de/ )
                  2. 2019-05-06 09:42 UTC: Ubuntu started the build
                  3. 2019-05-06 13:11 UTC: Ubuntu finished the build (took 3 hours, 28 minutes) for amd64 / disco, arm builds are still running ( https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-mozill...build/16741908 )

If they're good, they're already testing the amd64 build, even if arm is still running. Nevertheless they lost 18h after release until the first build started, probably because of the time difference between USA, Europe. In addition, their arm build process seems to take very long (took 9h for the previous 66.0.3). So depending on their tests, I guess official packages will be available this evening or tomorrow morning.

Seems that Arch linux already has packages for 66.0.4 available. Would be great if someone has some timings for those, then we can compare to the Ubuntu ones and know how they can probably speed up.

Comment

Well, I'm about to make a lot of people happy with this info. I was researching this today as I'm using FF 56.0.2 and found the solution on this Reddit thread. Leave it to an end user to do the job the professionals either failed or refused to due. It worked for me on 3 different machines. Go to this link and follow the instructions detailed:

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

I did the "study" method and it took only 5 minutes from nothing working to everything back as it was, disabled the studies, everything is still the same.

Where is this six hour time frame coming from?
                      Count yourself as a lucky camper. The six hour timeframe came from a reddit post where the "study method" was explained in detail. On my Linux PC, I lost patience after about two hours and applied a script method from another source which brought the extensions back immediately. On my Windows PC's the upgrade came in faster.

Comment

Working...
                      X