Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.34's Mutter Integrates A New Clipboard Manager

Phoronix: GNOME 3.34's Mutter Integrates A New Clipboard Manager

GNOME's Mutter compositor has seen a new, integrated clipboard manager for the in-development GNOME 3.34 cycle...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Finally!!!

Comment

A broken clipboard is the main reason I didn't test more Wailand on KDE. After you get used to simply select text with a mouse and paste with Middle-Button, Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V turns out to be a depressing thing to do.

Comment

Great.

I guess that means we can get rid of gsd-clipboard,

The other ones that won't be needed soon (or will start as needed) are gsd-wacom etc.

Comment

Meanwhile, Deepin 15.10 is out with many (and more) interesting changes...

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            Phoronix: GNOME 3.34's Mutter Integrates A New Clipboard Manager

GNOME's Mutter compositor has seen a new, integrated clipboard manager for the in-development GNOME 3.34 cycle...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...pboard-Manager
            Meanwhile they killed the copy-paste of file paths. Used to work so nice: Copy a file, open the software and in the Open File dialog, just Paste and you got the full path to that file. They broke it and made life much harder to many of us.

Comment

A little off, but I would love to see a "ring" clipboard like the Emacs one for Linux, that allow me to easily cycle through the killed content.

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Felipe View Post
                A little off, but I would love to see a "ring" clipboard like the Emacs one for Linux, that allow me to easily cycle through the killed content.
                Possibly one of those will do what you're looking for: https://www.tecmint.com/best-clipboa...ers-for-linux/

Comment

Working...
                X