KDE Saw More System Settings Work While EGLStreams KWin Support Stole The Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

You're confusing display servers and physical servers?
    Yes indeed. Judging from the history of such conversations, it is unlikely any engagement in these conversations would change one's mind.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
      Wayland is fucked up by design and is for servers and not for desktops. Read the history of wayland.
      Yes, because servers desperately needed a new display protocol.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

Maybe?. I was under the impression it was closely tied to the open-source device drivers.
        It is for Mesa, which is the part of the opensource drivers that does the 3D job. Kernel drivers are just low-level hardware control and hardware-mesa communication.

Comment

The stupid security models that prevents normal desktop use are for server use.
          Yes, we need to add more security to protocols in applications that won't even be installed in the server at all.

Comment

IBM and Intel develop server operating systems and that is why they adopted wayland.
            Yes, because a graphical display and interface is a very important feature of any linux server.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              It is for Mesa, which is the part of the opensource drivers that does the 3D job. Kernel drivers are just low-level hardware control and hardware-mesa communication.
              Then i stand corrected. I thought GBM was a lightweight library over kernel code.

Comment

Linux is fucked up by design and is for 386 not modern systems. Read the history of Linux.

Originally posted by some_random_moron
                I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and
                professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones.

Comment

That's great. Less things i need to remember to NOT install in a server.

Comment

Well, not only is that list 4 years outdated, it only covers applications under the GNOME umbrella.

I ran a Java application the other day and it ran natively on Wayland.

Comment

Go Arcan, go ... !

Comment

Working...
                      X