Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Applications 19.04 Released With Many Dolphin Improvements, Better KMail & Konsole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• genstorm
    replied
    That's just a very bad or short description for 'something that does what Kontact does'. Don't read that much into it.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by genstorm View Post
    Kube is not a replacement for KDE PIM; KDE PIM may in the future adapt to libraries currently in development for Kube.
    Then why does the description say "Experimental Kontact"?
    (https://github.com/KDE/kube)

Leave a comment:

• R41N3R
    replied
    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
    Thanks for reminding me, totally forgot about Kube. Kmail flickers on Wayland and overall I didn't have a good experience with its slowness with my imap mailbox, just now Akonadi refused to start after some test with the beta/rc of KDE Applications 19.04. Time to try something new.

Leave a comment:

• genstorm
    replied
    Kube will replace it some day
    Kube is not a replacement for KDE PIM; KDE PIM may in the future adapt to libraries currently in development for Kube.

Leave a comment:

• fuzz
    replied
    Huh, first I've heard of it! Have you used it? Looks very promising.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by fuzz View Post
    Looking forward to testing out kmail and akonadi fixes. I've finally been able to successfully use kmail as my mail client recently, but every now and then I have to restart akonadi.

I really hope they don't decide to put the software through another large rewrite any time soon...
    Kube will replace it some day: https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/07/...es-new-release

Leave a comment:

• kenjitamura
    replied
    That Kdenlive is finally declaring the refactored version ready to be the default shipped release is pretty big. I think they started that refactoring project over four years ago but was completely shelved for like a years time when development went dark while JBM was dealing with some circumstances.

Leave a comment:

• Danny3
    replied
    I hope they would stop opening new files in Kate with tabs as the fist tab (n the left), instead of the normal last tab (on the right) as in browsers.

Leave a comment:

• fuzz
    replied
    Looking forward to testing out kmail and akonadi fixes. I've finally been able to successfully use kmail as my mail client recently, but every now and then I have to restart akonadi.

I really hope they don't decide to put the software through another large rewrite any time soon...

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    Konsole finally got a proper splitting, but one in Debian is very old (not sure why it wasn't updated in such a long time even before the freeze): https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/konsole

Leave a comment:

Working...
X