Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xubuntu 19.04 Is Ready With To Provide Its Updated Lightweight Xfce Desktop Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheOne View Post

If you view the git repository (https://git.xfce.org/) you will notice how wrong is your comment.
    Key here is "Git". I'm talking about pure releases. (and not just one small component getting one fix!)

Comment

Interesting. Didn't know that Debian is starting to package it. To be fair however this is still experimental packaging, and it's a dev version of xfce.

Comment

Xubuntu has been my "goto" DE since version 6.04 (if memory serves correctly).
        I´ m absolutely loving the simplicity and stability. But yeah it wouldn´ t hurt to have more developers working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

I did found Xubuntu configured for dummies and I did not like how they disabled many vanilla Xfce features. A rolling release OS is modern computing and that is why Debian testing/sid is the way to go. You will get latest fixes and features a lot of sooner than they arrive to ubuntu.
          I don´ t mind waiting for updates on xfce, it works well for me as it is.
          And since there is eons of time between xfceupdates anyway, a couple of more weeks doesn´ t bother me.
          I´m using Xubuntu Dev PPA and on occasion (if I feel particularly adventurous) I try there Experimental PPA.
          Those give me current enough software, should I need it.

And about rolling release or not..it´s just subjective and a matter of taste. If you like rolling release than that´ s perfectly fine..I don´ t, as simple as that.
          Last edited by mrazster; 04-27-2019, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X