Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine-Staging 4.6 Brings Big Performance Improvement For Multi-Threaded Games / Apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the difference between WineD3D and VulkanD3D (vkd3d)? WINE is confusing as hell these days as far as the D3D stuff. I can't make heads or tails of what I need to do to run stuff. I would like to get Altium working for a client and it has always been a bitch to get working even in real Windows.

Is there like an overview page or something that explains WineD3D/Vulkan stuff, Gallium Nine (or whatever it is), and all the other stuff (aren't there WINE versions for games/Steam?). There seems to be too many fragmented projects all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
      WINE ESYNC can cause some games to freeze for some reason. A couple come to mind but perhaps this new wine staging works ok with them. KCD and Warthunder both lock up with esync for me, but perhaps KCD is ok now with 4.6staging. For some reason Warthunder in general hates my guts (the native wt client is crap/broken, inc ogl and vlk options)
      Try borderless window mode instead of fullscreen.

Comment

Originally posted by linner View Post
        What's the difference between WineD3D and VulkanD3D (vkd3d)? WINE is confusing as hell these days as far as the D3D stuff. I can't make heads or tails of what I need to do to run stuff. I would like to get Altium working for a client and it has always been a bitch to get working even in real Windows.

Is there like an overview page or something that explains WineD3D/Vulkan stuff, Gallium Nine (or whatever it is), and all the other stuff (aren't there WINE versions for games/Steam?). There seems to be too many fragmented projects all over the place.
        WineD3D is Wine's internal DX to VK/OGL handling.

DXVK replaces WineD3D for DX10 & 11

D9VK is like DXVK for DX9

VKD3D is like DXVK for DX12.

Gallium Nine covers DX9 for AMD & Intel GPUs using Mesa and you have to choose between Gallium Nine and D9VK.

Links explaining a lot more and a PKGBUILD to build Wine with various patches and tweaks implemented can be found at TK-Glitch's repo. It's what I use for my Wine builds now.

Yeah, there are a ton of different Wine versions/builds available for specific programs. Just look at all the Wine runners provided by Lutris for some examples.

Comment

Wine-Staging 4.6 still is reverting the FAudio implementation until it's been packaged by the key Linux distributions.
          Well, they could enable it next+1 time, it is accepted in Debian couple days ago

Now of course to be in Buster backports is a long way to go
          Last edited by dungeon; 14 April 2019, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vaporeon View Post
            Again? Please stop doing this. They are giving more reason for the distros to not do it.
            just another example of ridiculous policies by linux devs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vaporeon View Post
              Again? Please stop doing this. They are giving more reason for the distros to not do it.
              I can't speak for the distros' maintainers and their decisions but if you wish I can upload for you the staging patches without these reverts, that way you get all the other patches without sacrificing FAudio

Comment

- Wine joystick fixes around recognizing wheel / gas / brake axes inputs for Windows games.
                This will be great for anyone who is into racing simulators.

Comment

Originally posted by OMTDesign View Post

This will be great for anyone who is into racing simulators.
                  I know that I'm very glad that Feral ports over some great racing games. Got a 580 two months back and I have a huge backlog of games that my 260x just couldn't play good enough...the only games I'm playing are Dirt Rally and F1 2017 . Looks like I'm gonna have that backlog for a lot longer than expected .

Comment

this release is broken in debian sid, regardin dx11 games.

Comment

Working...
                    X