Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blender 2.80 Should Be Released In July

Phoronix: Blender 2.80 Should Be Released In July

We've been looking forward to seeing Blender 2.80 in 2019 while now we finally have a better idea for when it will actually see the light of day...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

They might as well have called it Blender 3.0 since so many things are new...

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

It also ships with a flattened icon.

Best feature so far.

Comment

That's a guy from Futurama, right? Didn't know robotics got that advanced already.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
          That's a guy from Futurama, right? Didn't know robotics got that advanced already.
          No, Bender is the robot from Futurama.

Comment

I like Blender and use it extensively; however I don't like the idea of Blender Cloud.

The word cloud to me basically means "Broken in 5 years". I hope they keep that mess separate from the core application.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
              ... I don't like the idea of Blender Cloud.
              ... I hope they keep that mess separate from the core application.
              Blender Cloud is just the way to access all the production files of the movie projects. And it has training video's.
              You can also host your own personal projects although I never used that feature.
              Integration with Blender is done via a plugin that you need to enable.

Comment

In essence it's just a way to support Blender development, separate from the dev fund.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
                  The word cloud to me basically means "Broken in 5 years".
                  The world "cloud" actually can mean many things, and only a specific subset of them are "broken in 5 years".
                  Cloud storage for example is not going away.

Comment

It's a pity the videogame engine got discarded but sure there were many reasons. Looking to Armory3D...

Comment

Working...
                    X