No announcement yet.

KDE Elisa Music Player Picks Up Support For VLC Library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what formats did Elisa support before (using QtMultimedia I guess)?
    It kind of sounds like they reinvented Phonon within their program.

Personally, I use Audacious (and Clementine for tagging), but Elisa sounds promising for KDE users who want tight integration.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
      http://deadbeef.sf.net is the best music player. It is the only one with a built-in equalizer.
      Why do you need a music player with an equaliser when with pulseaudio you have a standard equalizer that can be used on whatever source(s) you wish?

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
        http://deadbeef.sf.net is the best music player. It is the only one with a built-in equalizer.
        Lollypop also includes an equalizer. Inform yourself better before you make snug troll comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Slithery View Post

Why do you need a music player with an equaliser when with pulseaudio you have a standard equalizer that can be used on whatever source(s) you wish?
          Because he hates PA. Are you new here?

Comment

Not new, I just couldn't resist...
            Last edited by Slithery; 12 April 2019, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
              I don't know, none of the music players seems to do it for me
              I like Amarok, I can set it up nicely. But its age is showing.
              Whether it's the lack of support for Internet radio or in the case of Elisa simply getting no sound output, it seems every player has something that stops me from making it my default. Fwiw this has nothing to do with Linux players, on Windows I still default to Winamp (though I do have Foobar installed as well).
              If you like Amarok but somehow clementine is not your thing - try cantata...i'm really pleased after the first hurdle to setup MPD ^^

OT: Elisa is coming along quite nicely, but the library-user experience is not quite there yet imho...can't really point my finger to one spot, but it somehow feels "Off"

Comment

Originally posted by TheOne View Post
                Audacious has everything one will need, supports skins, equalizer (but pulseeffect is better), alsa, Jack, pulse, tabbed play list, visualizations, and so much more. You can even cdrip with it.
                It's GTK, it sticks out like a sore thumb on KDE. And while that can be subjective, its lack of a file browsing ability or its failure to pick up the USB DAC when inserted are not. But it plays the files it finds and even Internet radio without a problem.
                Album cover and playlist manager somehow open in their own windows, wth? Also if I select the Winamp skin, it somehow thinks it's a good idea to also move to the other monitor.
                Originally posted by Termy View Post

If you like Amarok but somehow clementine is not your thing - try cantata...i'm really pleased after the first hurdle to setup MPD ^^

OT: Elisa is coming along quite nicely, but the library-user experience is not quite there yet imho...can't really point my finger to one spot, but it somehow feels "Off"
                Installed that and it readily prompted me for connection parameters (?!?). Somehow having a daemon to play your music seemed like a good idea to someone. I may look past that when I have some more time on my hands, but that right there is how you kill user experience outright.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                  Installed that and it readily prompted me for connection parameters (?!?). Somehow having a daemon to play your music seemed like a good idea to someone. I may look past that when I have some more time on my hands, but that right there is how you kill user experience outright.
                  yeah, that's what i meant with the first hurdle (and what kept me away from it for a long time before i finally tried it ^^)
                  But after doing it it's no big deal, basically setup your music library in the ~/.config/mpd/mpd.conf and you are more or less good to go.

If you have a usecase of streaming your music to other clients in your house, using MPD is actually a great idea. And even if you are only using it locally, it is blazing fast with large libraries ^^

Comment

Working...
                  X