Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Elisa Music Player Picks Up Support For VLC Library

Phoronix: KDE Elisa Music Player Picks Up Support For VLC Library

Of the multiple choices for music/media players on KDE systems, Elisa has been one of the recent but promising contenders in this space. Thanks to recent improvements, Elisa is becoming quite a viable music player for the KDE desktop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Now get rid of that ugly window deviation an provide a smexy CSD and it would be an awesome looking player that maybe could compete with lollypop one day. But right now. It's part beautiful, part really ugly and defenetly nothing I wanna use daily.

Comment

Does this Elisa music player have the ability to show tabbed playlist?
      That's the main reason I use Deadbeef on Linux and Foobar2000 on Windows.

Comment

Unfortunately, Elisa development has been very slow. I wish someone would throw some money at the developer(s) to just spend a good chunk of time on it.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
          http://deadbeef.sf.net is the best music player. It is the only one with a built-in equalizer.
          Recent versions of Lollypop feature a built-in equalizer too.

Comment

Clementine does as well (additionally tabbed playlists are implemented too)

Comment

I don't know, none of the music players seems to do it for me
              I like Amarok, I can set it up nicely. But its age is showing.
              Whether it's the lack of support for Internet radio or in the case of Elisa simply getting no sound output, it seems every player has something that stops me from making it my default. Fwiw this has nothing to do with Linux players, on Windows I still default to Winamp (though I do have Foobar installed as well).

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
                http://deadbeef.sf.net is the best music player. It is the only one with a built-in equalizer.
                I love Deadbeef but I love the fact I can have it talk directly with ALSA so I can listen to music without going through resampling. It can also play HDCDs at full resolution if you load the library for it. Just give me the bit perfect sound.

Comment

Audacious has everything one will need, supports skins, equalizer (but pulseeffect is better), alsa, Jack, pulse, tabbed play list, visualizations, and so much more. You can even cdrip with it.

Comment

I use Clementine, Pulseeffects, and ProjectM. That pretty much covers it all.

Comment

Working...
                    X