GIMP 2.10.10 Released With Minor Features Added & Other Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIMP 2.10.10 Released With Minor Features Added & Other Improvements

Phoronix: GIMP 2.10.10 Released With Minor Features Added & Other Improvements

GIMP 2.10.10 was released today as the first stable release for this open-source image manipulation program since last November when GIMP 2.10.8 released...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

shouldn't they wait for gtk4?

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
      It's likely best not to wait at this point, GTK4 is going to be a rather big change and somewhat unstable when released. The developers are expecting to be running GTK3 under maintenance for a bit while GTK4 is hammered into a more workable state, so until then porting to GTK3 is likely for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Duve View Post
        It's likely best not to wait at this point, GTK4 is going to be a rather big change and somewhat unstable when released. The developers are expecting to be running GTK3 under maintenance for a bit while GTK4 is hammered into a more workable state, so until then porting to GTK3 is likely for the best.
        Considering how slowly GIMP is transitioning, I'm sure GTK4 would be stable by the time GIMP's support for it was ready

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
          I believe it should be rather easy to transition from GTK3 to GTK4.
          GTK3 to GTK4 should be much easier than GTK2 to GTK3.

Comment

Maybe next GIMP will be available on Google's Stadia @ 60 fps, so no GTK3 installation needed, as hardware should be potatos and by the CoC just capable of launching random cloud of trust

In this bright and dumb future no one would care in what GUI version something is done, if it works as it should of course
            Last edited by dungeon; 08 April 2019, 05:48 AM.

Comment

I wish they'd switch to Semantic Versioning. IE they should have bumped the middle number having made all those changes, not the 3rd number.

Semantic Versioning spec and website

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                Considering how slowly GIMP is transitioning, I'm sure GTK4 would be stable by the time GIMP's support for it was ready
                I am not so sure about that given GTK's roadmap.

Comment

Working...
                X