KDE's Konsole Now Supports Splitting, Plasma Vault Integration In Dolphin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
    Regarding SDDM I wonder when Wayland will be support, this is open since ages without any progress.
    Never. SDDM's main developer has chosen to focus on Liri – an entire desktop environment (shell and apps) centered around Material Design. If you look at SDDM's commit history, you'll see that it's mostly dormant these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxad0127 View Post

The Konsole and Dolphin shots don't show a dark widget theme. The second Kate shot does.

Konsole's terminal theme and the KDE widget theme are independent.
      Look at the window decoration: it's breeze dark. And yet the menu bar is white. I get the same thing on an OpenSuse install.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Look at the window decoration: it's breeze dark. And yet the menu bar is white. I get the same thing on an OpenSuse install.
        That looks like the Breeze color theme on my machine. Dark window title is used by Breeze and Breeze Dark. Breeze Light has a light window title. Breeze High Contrast has blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugworth View Post
          I can't imagine splitting a console window into multiple sizes like that would be very useful or convenient. Perhaps you could have a smaller section showing the status of something while you are working in a larger section. But that just messes up the size of the larger section.

I really like Konsole, though like much of KDE it needs a bit of customization to make it perfect. I hide the menu bar and always show tabs above the terminal area. Then I set the background to 15% transparency with blur for a nice effect that's not too strong. Having the tabs function similar to a web browser is very useful and convenient. This is what I like about KDE: if you don't like the way something comes pre-configured, you can always customize it to be the way you want it.
          I can imagine using multiple terminals on one page - quite easily! I have several projects that have multiple components that need to talk to each other - having them running all on the same pane in different terminals makes dev work a lot easier!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxad0127 View Post

That looks like the Breeze color theme on my machine. Dark window title is used by Breeze and Breeze Dark. Breeze Light has a light window title. Breeze High Contrast has blue.
            Ok, my bad. I had Breeze Dark selected as a theme, but not as a color scheme (no idea why these aren't linked by default).

Comment

Working...
            X