HTML5 Broadway Backend Is Seeing Renewed Attention Ahead Of GTK 4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cb88 View Post
    Could something akin to CSS be made to be fast... probably but part of the problem with CSS is that it makes it too easy to write slow themes.
    With all the people using CSS preprocessors these days, I wonder if those could generate something other than CSS.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzz View Post

With all the people using CSS preprocessors these days, I wonder if those could generate something other than CSS.
      A large part of the problem with CSS is it's dynamic nature... so even if you compile it into something else (like shaders and textures etc...) it still ends up being computationally heavy compared to frameworks that are not dynamic. Being dynamic at runtime makes a toolkit flexible, but that is of dubious use..... certainly no toolkit works across all types of devices without significant UI redesign and alot of effort has been put into trying to do that. So, the alternative is toolkits that are static that perhaps use some sort of style sheets but do not allow them to be recomputed at runtime, only compile time.

Comment

Originally posted by dkasak View Post
        Sweeeeet. I'm supporting a 3-month project where broadway is our only available way of bringing up the UI ( client won't allow tunneling X through ssh ). It's an absolute God-send in cases like that. I mentioned in a previous post, but when the dust settles, we have a 'broadway session manager' to open-source ... which includes a regular html login service ( which sets an auth cookie ), forking of a new app ( configurable ) and broadway session, and a proxy that redirects authenticated clients ( via the auth cookie ) to whatever port they were assigned on login.
        I know this is an old thread but if someone has code on GitHub/gitlab for a broadway session manager, I'd love to see it. I have a wxPython app I have running with broadway but it would be nice to be able to put a session manager in front of it - would make it easier to get it to a production state.

Comment

Working...
        X