No announcement yet.

KDE Picking Up Thumbnail Previews For Blender Files, Continued UI Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost all KDE apps need better typography and components alignment, I'm waiting for someone to better organize at last the most used apps like dolphin and settings panel, we have soaked text and unaligned panels and components everywhere, panels not resizeable, labels overflowing, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by RomuloP View Post
      Almost all KDE apps need better typography and components alignment, I'm waiting for someone to better organize at last the most used apps like dolphin and settings panel, we have soaked text and unaligned panels and components everywhere, panels not resizeable, labels overflowing, etc.
      Lack of general polish is one of the big reasons I don't use KDE.

Putting feature set to one side, when you look at how well designed Nautilus is compared to Dolphin, Nautilus 'looks' better.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
        Putting feature set to one side, when you look at how well designed Nautilus is compared to Dolphin, Nautilus 'looks' better.
        Can't really speak of how good everything in Dolphin is, but used a friend's notebook with Nautilus on a recent ubuntu version and I found Nautilis left panel VERY confusing to use. It looked like the icons and text of the shortcuts weren't about the same thing. The progress notifications in the title also gets in the way of the main interface if you ain't using a maximized window

Comment

Originally posted by mcloud View Post

Can't really speak of how good everything in Dolphin is, but used a friend's notebook with Nautilus on a recent ubuntu version and I found Nautilis left panel VERY confusing to use. It looked like the icons and text of the shortcuts weren't about the same thing. The progress notifications in the title also gets in the way of the main interface if you ain't using a maximized window
          We were talking about angustiating lack of symmetry in spaces and soaked elements, really atrocious, like those:

Comment

Originally posted by RomuloP View Post

We were talking about angustiating lack of symmetry in spaces and soaked elements, really atrocious, like those:
            That's not very nice, but you forgot to lock the panels: [CTRL + M], View > Panels > LTFP.

Comment

Originally posted by Maudit View Post

That's not very nice, but you forgot to lock the panels: [CTRL + M], View > Panels > LTFP.
              It removes the panel border, but still we have bad alignments, panels we cannot resize in the new settings panel, and other things like panels that did not talk to each other, in terms of alignment, bad use of space (everything soaked in the center or overstretched only horizontally or only vertically, with minuscule borders), etc. It is not the end of the world, but it really do not produce good feelings while looking and now that the interface is almost flat it is getting a little confuse to quickly scan the interface. I have nothing against this new tendency of flat interfaces but they depend a lot on alignment and typography to be clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxad0127 View Post

I just tried and it worked for me. Recent KDE. Though I didn't try with a tiling shortcut.
                Really? On X11? I don't think it was an issue for Wayland, but I had been given official response that it was a problem with X11, there was a 10 year old bug from it on the bug tracker too, this was probably 1-2 years ago. Just so we're clear that's numpad not numrow right, so that you could visually map the numpad to regions of the screen for tiling shortcuts.

Comment

Originally posted by polarathene View Post

Really? On X11? I don't think it was an issue for Wayland, but I had been given official response that it was a problem with X11, there was a 10 year old bug from it on the bug tracker too, this was probably 1-2 years ago. Just so we're clear that's numpad not numrow right, so that you could visually map the numpad to regions of the screen for tiling shortcuts.
                  Numpad worked for the shortcut I tested. It showed up as Ctrl+Num+5 (or w/e I did). So it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxad0127 View Post

Numpad worked for the shortcut I tested. It showed up as Ctrl+Num+5 (or w/e I did). So it works.
                    Oh. Maybe it just doesn't work with Meta then?

Comment

Originally posted by polarathene View Post
                      Oh. Maybe it just doesn't work with Meta then?
                      Meta+Num+5 works for clearing clipboard history.

Comment

Working...
                      X