No announcement yet.

Xfce's Screensaver Is Now Faster & Smarter About Conserving Power/Resources

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

screensavers are now suspended when monitors are powered off via DPMS in order to conserve power, since it's a waste of resources to be displaying the screensaver when there is no monitor to see said screensaver
    On this part I facepalmed so hard. This would be the first thing I think of about when writing screensaver utility - states when screensaver should actually run.

Comment

Originally posted by Candy View Post
      Isn't Debian still using Xfce 4.6 something?
      I can't tell if you're being serious or exaggerating because you think all versions of Debian use ancient stuff. Either way, the answer is no: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/xfce4

Originally posted by tildearrow
      In before debianxfce comes and spreads his propaganda again...
      Too late. Although if he had actually given a straightforward response to the question above, it wouldn't have been propaganda.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

The internet etiquette says that write on the topic and do not note about typos and insult other users like the user tildearrow does 24/7/365. Technical facts are not propaganda.
        I think that correcting typos is a good thing. I'm a grammar nazi and I like when someone point out my typos, I correct even old stuff. I also always correct typos on wikipedia.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
          The internet etiquette says that write on the topic
          You just complained about Firefox and ALSA in a thread about Redox OS. It takes a very deluded person to think that is "on topic" just because Firefox and Redox OS use Rust.

Comment

Working...
          X