Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firefox 66 Arrives - Blocks Auto-Playing Sounds, Hides Title Bar By Default For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George99
    replied
    I tried both but actually it seems moving a window with ALT doesn't work (anymore) with Gnome 3.

Leave a comment:

• carewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by George99 View Post

In Order to move windows you use the (left) WINDOWS (pretty obvious, isn't it?) key and left mouse drag anywhere in the window.
    Using alt this way predates the windows key.

Leave a comment:

• Mani
    replied
    I am actually surprised everyone jumped on debianxfce (do not feed the troll) and noone stumbled upon the single issue I have with CSDed Firefox: the right click menu does not offer any of the window manager controls, e.g. Move to different workspace. Gnome applications handle this gracefully...

Leave a comment:

• George99
    replied
    Originally posted by carewolf View Post

ALT is what you use to move the window when it doesn't have a border.
    In Order to move windows you can also use the (left) WINDOWS (pretty obvious by the way) key and left mouse drag anywhere in the window.
    Last edited by George99; 19 March 2019, 05:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• juno
    replied
    Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
    On KDE you use lose borders and shadows which looks terrible and makes the window hard to distinguish.
    Why don't you keep Server side decorations and set up a kwin rule to disable the title bar for Firefox?

Leave a comment:

• ssokolow
    replied

The issue is that Firefox says: I am NOT an application but an embedded window, so draw no borders! KWin then does what it is told and draws no borders.
    I haven't had the update pushed to me yet. Can that be fixed using the "Force" option in "Window Rules > Appearance & Fixes > Window type" or "Window Rules > Appearance & Fixes > No titlebar and frame"?

(That "Window Rules" control module is one of the biggest reasons I use KWin as my window manager, to be honest... especially the "Remember" option.)

Leave a comment:

• treba
    replied
    Originally posted by Raploz View Post
    It seems the problem with shadows missing on KDE is because Gnome is rendering shadows in a non-standard way, and Kwin developers don't wanna implement hacks in order to support CSD windows with shadows. Here's where they discuss it: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=379637
    Thanks for the link, very insightful. Another good reason to hope Wayland becomes the default, soon.

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

And, by that logic, I could just as easily say that "'People who are fed up with debianxfce' is the single largest poster on Phoronix".
    Love it

Leave a comment:

• Britoid
    replied

The issue is that Firefox says: I am NOT an application but an embedded window, so draw no borders! KWin then does what it is told and draws no borders.
    But then KDE doesn't let it draw shadows.
    Last edited by Britoid; 19 March 2019, 03:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    Solid state drives wear when constantly compiling software.
    Your keyboard wears from all the repetitive stupidity you type, but unfortunately, that doesn't stop you.

Leave a comment:

• carewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by George99 View Post

Ctrl + M mutes sound in Firefox. ALT for the menu bar is somewhat a standard by Windows experience for most users.
    ALT is what you use to move the window when it doesn't have a border.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X