Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firefox 66 Arrives - Blocks Auto-Playing Sounds, Hides Title Bar By Default For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    Solid state drives wear when constantly compiling software.
    Of all the reasons you could pick why you don't want to compile yourself, you pick the lamest one. Congrats, your post really gave me a chuckle there. Even with the additional wear caused by compiling software, a solid state drive will last years and years and years and years before it gives in. If you're really paranoid though, here's a really, really, really simple solution - compile on a mechanical hard drive.

Comment

I wonder what's happening on KDE. If I understand things correctly, Firefox with CSD just uses GTK to draw a shadow. So if the KDE environment just sets an appropriate GTK theme, things should look fine. Just as QT apps look fine on Gnome (at least on fedora and ubuntu).

To me this sounds like a distribution issue. Distributors should make sure that GTK apps use the current QT/KDE theme.
      Last edited by treba; 19 March 2019, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Your shit stops when you stop writing.

I said largest single contributor.

Comment

Originally posted by LinAGKar View Post

I use Firefox CSD on Plasma and it works great.
          Last time I checked it did not look good on Plasma. I will have to try with version 66.

Comment

Your shit stops when you stop writing.

I don't know if you'll understand this, but "No company name" isn't a single contributor.

(Thus, your evidence proves their point that Red Hat is the single largest contributor.)

Comment

It seems the problem with shadows missing on KDE is because Gnome is rendering shadows in a non-standard way, and Kwin developers don't wanna implement hacks in order to support CSD windows with shadows. Here's where they discuss it: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=379637

Comment

Originally posted by George99 View Post
                CSD is really great! have already disabled the title bar and menu bar in FF 60 ESR and also in Thunderbird. But there is one problem: in FF I can get the menu bar when needed with ALT, but not in Thunderbird.
                Having to use ALT sucks. One thing that the KDE developers did right was implementing a sane keyboard shortcut in most KDE apps for showing/hiding the menubar: Ctrl + M. It would be great if other apps would also adopt that.

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

I don't know if you'll understand this, but "No company name" isn't a single contributor.

(Thus, your evidence proves their point that Red Hat is the single largest contributor.)
                  Can't say you didn't try.

Comment

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post

Not if you lose windows borders and shadows as a result, which you do on KDE, which is why it is idiotic to to remove the titlebar by default. Gnome users can change it if they want, as well as KDE users who don't mind ugly windows without shadows or borders.
                    It would be better if Firefox would do a quick DE check right before showing the window. That way, it could show the title bar when it detects Plasma and hide it when it detects GNOME. Obviously, they can't add all DE's and WM's, but they could at least at a check for the most used DE's/WM's (i.e. GNOME, Deepin, Plasma, i3, Xfce, etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by Raploz View Post
                      It seems the problem with shadows missing on KDE is because Gnome is rendering shadows in a non-standard way, and Kwin developers don't wanna implement hacks in order to support CSD windows with shadows. Here's where they discuss it: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=379637
                      It will be solved with a Wayland window though.

Comment

Working...
                      X