Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine-Staging 4.4 Down To 770 Patch Delta, Addresses Six Year Old Bug About Silverlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine-Staging 4.4 Down To 770 Patch Delta, Addresses Six Year Old Bug About Silverlight

Phoronix: Wine-Staging 4.4 Down To 770 Patch Delta, Addresses Six Year Old Bug About Silverlight

Re-based off Friday's release of Wine 4.4, Wine-Staging 4.4 is now available though the delta compared to upstream is now many patches lighter thanks to some of the work being upstreamed...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Fortunately there's wine-tkg, which let's you easily enable faudio for staging.

Comment

It feels weird that FAudio is disabled in staging but not in wine mainline!

Comment

Originally posted by audir8
        Enabling faudio for staging is a use flag in gentoo... but staging requiring ffmpeg 4 instead of 3 is harder to deal with.
        I've been running with ffmpeg 4 for a while on Gentoo, the patches I needed are in the FireBurn overlay

Comment

That CPU proc status was so that Silverlight could acquire load details for throttling downloads or other system intensive activities.

Because MSFT marketed it as a Flash replacement most people think that is all it was. There were other functions inside of it that many people never heard about.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post

I've been running with ffmpeg 4 for a while on Gentoo, the patches I needed are in the FireBurn overlay
            How odd that the patches you needed were in an overlay with your name on it.

If anyone is curious, faudio from the AUR builds and installs just fine on Manjaro...

I've been using the tk-glitch version of Wine and it's pretty awesome. It's what Lutris uses as the base for its Wine builds and it is setup to be damn easy to customize.

Comment

Working...
            X