GTK4 Seeing Text Entry Improvements, Easier To Create Custom Entry Widgets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    You could be running OpenSUSE Leap or even Mageia or other distros with a sane "1 major release per year + reliable system upgrades to next version", even Linux Mint is fine. Basically no mainteneance burden on your side, and you are still secure.
    Not going to comment on the security thing, but this is just wrong.

You know, some of us customize our OS and workflow because by default they look and act like crap. Non-security updates (i.e. upgrades) often times break it or the old theme because invalid or incompatible or whatever other nonsense because they "upgraded to new shiny library or toolkit" which we're sick of. (also happens with Windows, in fact way worse than on Linux, but at least you can use a Windows version for more than a decade unlike with Linux)

Of course I told you this many times before but you probably just use the defaults so you won't ever get it.

For some of us, the defaults are just unusable. So yeah, pretty large amount of maintenance when it involves wasted time reconfiguring everything, if it's even possible to get it to how it was before in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

based on what you say I wouldn't give much credibility to what you read.
      That statement belong on t-shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Candy View Post
        Then Linux is clearly the wrong choice for you. People leave Windows and macOS because there are things that they don't like. And yet there are people coming from these platforms and try to turn the thing that is different into yet another Windows and macOS. Sad!

You don't have to use rpm or deb, if you think that this isn't the right way to install desktop apps. Then feel free to leave. But take your stuff with you and stop bothering us.
        Wot?

I... Well, are you sure you do understand what free software is about? Because a "if you don't like it, quit" is not really what one would except from free software practitioners. neither is "I'm teh tecnhical wizord! I can do that, you cannot, you lame!!!1!", BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmanuel Deloget View Post
          Well, are you sure you do understand what free software is about?
          Free Software is something you can use on other architectures as well. No need to haras around Linux and its Unix philosophy.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

If your code is written in C, you can use autoport to port from GTK3 to 4: https://github.com/baedert/autoport
            Anything like this for Gtk2 -> Gtk3 ?

Comment

Anything like this for Gtk2 -> Gtk3 ?
              Not that I know of.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Zero attacks to your 4G router is a technical fact because the WAN IP changes. I feel so sorry for people who do not have unlimited 100 Mbit/s in/out 4G mobile connection for 17.90 euros/month. Malware can come via web cookies and I do use clamtk regularly. For all internet users, stop writing BS.
                The actual reason is because you are under a carrier-grade NAT. The disadvantage is that you can't self-host stuff, but that doesn't matter to the majority.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

When you install Debian, you need to install wicd and alsamixerqui and remove networkmanager and pulseaudio. If you want to have a stable system.
                  OK, so when I read "alsamixerqui" I got surprised because I thought you meant there was a Qt GUI for an ALSA mixer... only to find out it was a typo and you actually meant "alsamixergui", which come on, it uses FLTK (which in 2019 is simply unacceptable!)................ or is there any good ALSA mixer Qt GUI available?

Comment

Free Software is something you can use on other architectures as well. No need to haras around Linux and its Unix philosophy.
                    So... You cannot like Linux and consider that our packages systems are far from being perfect?

How's your daily use of ed?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmanuel Deloget View Post
                      So... You cannot like Linux and consider that our packages systems are far from being perfect?
                      I've never claimed that the already existing package systems are perfect. But why inventing something that is even worse (flatpak) than what already exists ?

Comment

Working...
                      X