Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Faster & More Beautiful GNOME 3.32 Has Been Released

Phoronix: The Faster & More Beautiful GNOME 3.32 Has Been Released

GNOME 3.32, which is codenamed "Taipei" given the location of GNOME.Asia Summit 2018, has been officially released on time...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

How's the RAM usage? Is it usable on a machine with 4GB RAM and integrated graphics?

Comment

Originally posted by jamdox View Post
      How's the RAM usage? Is it usable on a machine with 4GB RAM and integrated graphics?
      I don't know about the new release, but i was using gnome3 just fine on my old sandybrigde 4GB ram laptop 3 years ago.

Comment

From my understanding it has been fine for a long time... but much improved in this release. unless you use nVidia graphics, when they can do any random thing to destroy your desktop experience.

Comment

Ubuntu are really polishing the Gnome release in 18.04 also, cherry picking all the bug fixes etc. So that could be something to check out also.

Comment

Faster? Maybe, but prettier? Very debatable. Seems like they've given up on the long-standing Tango guidelines and went to chase the Material fad. A pity for usability.

Comment

Does gnome3 still have that horrible interface that's a combo between apple and microsoft?

last time I used it, it was an awful experience. I disliked how gnome3 tried to force me to switch desktops from top to bottom instead of left to right. I'm now using cinnamon, which is waaay much better for my needs, and its intuitive and modern.

Comment

I really don't see how Gnome can be described as Beautiful, a breeze block has more style.
                Note the absence of a screenshot to backup Michael's claim!

Comment

Originally posted by awesz View Post
                  Faster? Maybe, but prettier? Very debatable. Seems like they've given up on the long-standing Tango guidelines and went to chase the Material fad. A pity for usability.
                  I could easily see someone seeing Gnome and thinking they were looking at Android. It reminds me of my friend's old Xoom that ran 3.0 Honeycomb.

Comment

Originally posted by leigh123linux View Post
                    I really don't see how Gnome can be described as Beautiful, a breeze block has more style.
                    Note the absence of a screenshot to backup Michael's claim!
                    i noticed that myself but its the same ole crap its been for sometime.,but what is Silverblue ? i seen that will eventually take over from Workstation. i can only really see 1 real difference with 3.32 asn the fact they got rid of theApp Menu , apart from that its the same ole Toilet Paper
                    Last edited by Anvil; 13 March 2019, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X