Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chrome 73 Released With HDCP Policy Check, Layout Jank API

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chrome 73 Released With HDCP Policy Check, Layout Jank API

    Phoronix: Chrome 73 Released With HDCP Policy Check, Layout Jank API

    Google has released version 73 of the Chrome/Chromium web-browser today...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...me-73-Released

  • #2
    The HDCP Policy Check got my attention, I was trying to figure out how skipping a HDCP key would improve the user experience.

    media: Add HDCP policy check on MediaKeys (blink)

    This API provides an API for JS application to check the key status
    associated with a policy without the need to fetch an actual license.
    This is critical for starting playback at higher resolution and hence a
    better user experience.

    Comment


    • #3
      Why is chrome scanning my 9TB volume and spying on my files whenever I try to use it? Even after I close it out it runs in background (I explicitly disabled background process in Settings), it is such a nasty data miner and botnet.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by hax0r View Post
        Why is chrome scanning my 9TB volume and spying on my files whenever I try to use it? Even after I close it out it runs in background (I explicitly disabled background process in Settings), it is such a nasty data miner and botnet.
        Better learn to love it https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019...r-monoculture/

        Comment


        • #5
          73, holy ****, Mozilla has some catching up to do. Currently Chrome is the better browser because it has a higher number.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by eydee View Post
            73, holy ****, Mozilla has some catching up to do. Currently Chrome is the better browser because it has a higher number.
            Yeah, it has even surpassed AmigaOS 4.1, where various system tools carry a version number of 50+, but AFAIK not one with 70+.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by eydee View Post
              73, holy ****, Mozilla has some catching up to do. Currently Chrome is the better browser because it has a higher number.
              When the number goes over 10 the perceived quality goes down

              Somehow project that decide to switch to fast major numbers while they are below 10, never consider this.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
                How you monitored that?
                I incidentally tested it on Win10 to get some normie tier experience, I do it from time to time to see if I'm missing out anything since I only use Firefox. My 9TB volume is mounted at E:\ and I see plenty of Disk Activity on E: in Task Manager even after I shutdown chrome is still lingers as a background process, it probably is the Virus scanner that's included with chrome, but I never agreed to have it scanning my files, it is a great coverup for data mining gangsters like google, they scrape every metadata about your computer and files while they are at it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by hax0r View Post
                  I incidentally tested it on Win10 to get some normie tier experience, I do it from time to time to see if I'm missing out anything since I only use Firefox. My 9TB volume is mounted at E:\ and I see plenty of Disk Activity on E: in Task Manager even after I shutdown chrome is still lingers as a background process, it probably is the Virus scanner that's included with chrome, but I never agreed to have it scanning my files, it is a great coverup for data mining gangsters like google, they scrape every metadata about your computer and files while they are at it.
                  So there is disk activity on E and you assume it's Chrome. Got it.

                  Windows indexing, Windows antivirus, Windows autodefrag, some other random service. Not one chance.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X