Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Continues Getting Polished For Showing Off This Spring

Phoronix: KDE Continues Getting Polished For Showing Off This Spring

The KDE stack continues seeing a lot of bug fixing and polishing in time for the spring Linux distribution updates...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So many nice adjustments! Especially great to see Wayland improvements mentioned in Nate's blog. Good to be a KDE user these days.

Comment

it's so funny for me as i read about so many improvements... but after upgrading i really don't "feel" the differences without intentionally "finding" them... KDE appears to be very mature then for my taste... Hope they will focus more on eliminating bugs rather than adding new features

Comment

Yeah, I really love plasma. great interface. And with a dark color scheme it's so sleak and clean.... if a UI could be sexy....

Comment

Originally posted by smartalgorithm View Post
          Hope they will focus more on eliminating bugs rather than adding new features
          Or removing features (I'm looking at you, Gnome devs!).

Comment

it's so funny for me as i read about so many improvements... but after upgrading i really don't "feel" the differences without intentionally "finding" them... KDE appears to be very mature then for my taste... Hope they will focus more on eliminating bugs rather than adding new features
            It's improvements & bugs fixes

Comment

It doesn't seem to me that they have been introducing new features for quite some time. But those that are already there are improving and correcting random errors. I use Plasma on both openSUSE Leap 15 and Tumbleweed and I have to say that Plasma is now very stable. Obviously being a DE with many features in some situations you can run into bugs, however I, who use almost exclusively the default settings, do not encounter any problems.

Comment

Working...
              X