Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WireGuard VPN Tunnel Software Publishes New Snapshot But It Won't Be In Linux 5.1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • WireGuard VPN Tunnel Software Publishes New Snapshot But It Won't Be In Linux 5.1

    Phoronix: WireGuard VPN Tunnel Software Publishes New Snapshot But It Won't Be In Linux 5.1

    Jason Donenfeld, the lead developer of WireGuard, has released a new snapshot version of this secure VPN tunnel cross-platform software...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...d-0.0.20190227

  • #2
    We've been using Wireguard with all our mobile devices (smartphones, Chromebooks) for a few months now. It's on 24/7, even when we're home. It works great. Does anyone have any insight into why it hasn't made it upstream yet?

    Comment


    • #3
      There is also optimizations to help WirGuard
           

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by macemoneta View Post
        Does anyone have any insight into why it hasn't made it upstream yet?
        The last time Jason Donenfeld, the creator of Wireguard, posted a patch set was in October of 2018. There's no hope of it going upstream until a revised patch set is posted, and I'm not really sure why it has taken him more than 4 months to do it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Space Heater View Post

          The last time Jason Donenfeld, the creator of Wireguard, posted a patch set was in October of 2018. There's no hope of it going upstream until a revised patch set is posted, and I'm not really sure why it has taken him more than 4 months to do it.
          There have been multiple patch sets posted. The last was just yesterday, reported here.
          https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...d-0.0.20190227

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by macemoneta View Post
            We've been using Wireguard with all our mobile devices (smartphones, Chromebooks) for a few months now. It's on 24/7, even when we're home. It works great. Does anyone have any insight into why it hasn't made it upstream yet?
            It is honestly not surprising to see it taking a while. Going by this article they seem to be not caring too much about how the code is written, but how it is integrating. As it is also a lot of interest around this feature they probably want to make sure they get it right first time around.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by macemoneta View Post

              There have been multiple patch sets posted. The last was just yesterday, reported here.
              https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...d-0.0.20190227
              No I'm talking about on the linux kernel development mailing list. What you linked is not that.

              Comment


              • #8
                Would really not recommend wireguard as I have used it with Ubuntu and CentOS. Rater prefer Ivacy for Linux.

                Comment

                Working...
                X