Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WireGuard VPN Tunnel Software Publishes New Snapshot But It Won't Be In Linux 5.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WireGuard VPN Tunnel Software Publishes New Snapshot But It Won't Be In Linux 5.1

Phoronix: WireGuard VPN Tunnel Software Publishes New Snapshot But It Won't Be In Linux 5.1

Jason Donenfeld, the lead developer of WireGuard, has released a new snapshot version of this secure VPN tunnel cross-platform software...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...d-0.0.20190227

We've been using Wireguard with all our mobile devices (smartphones, Chromebooks) for a few months now. It's on 24/7, even when we're home. It works great. Does anyone have any insight into why it hasn't made it upstream yet?

Comment

There is also optimizations to help WirGuard
           

Comment

Originally posted by macemoneta View Post
        Does anyone have any insight into why it hasn't made it upstream yet?
        The last time Jason Donenfeld, the creator of Wireguard, posted a patch set was in October of 2018. There's no hope of it going upstream until a revised patch set is posted, and I'm not really sure why it has taken him more than 4 months to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Heater View Post

The last time Jason Donenfeld, the creator of Wireguard, posted a patch set was in October of 2018. There's no hope of it going upstream until a revised patch set is posted, and I'm not really sure why it has taken him more than 4 months to do it.
          There have been multiple patch sets posted. The last was just yesterday, reported here.
          https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...d-0.0.20190227

Comment

We've been using Wireguard with all our mobile devices (smartphones, Chromebooks) for a few months now. It's on 24/7, even when we're home. It works great. Does anyone have any insight into why it hasn't made it upstream yet?
            It is honestly not surprising to see it taking a while. Going by this article they seem to be not caring too much about how the code is written, but how it is integrating. As it is also a lot of interest around this feature they probably want to make sure they get it right first time around.

Comment

There have been multiple patch sets posted. The last was just yesterday, reported here.
              https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...d-0.0.20190227
              No I'm talking about on the linux kernel development mailing list. What you linked is not that.

Comment

Would really not recommend wireguard as I have used it with Ubuntu and CentOS. Rater prefer Ivacy for Linux.

Comment

Working...
                X