DigiKam 6.0 Released With Video File Management, New Export/Import Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DigiKam 6.0 Released With Video File Management, New Export/Import Options

Phoronix: DigiKam 6.0 Released With Video File Management, New Export/Import Options

DigiKam 6.0 is now available as the Qt/KDE aligned open-source image organizer and with this new release has full support for video file management too...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is a great application!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post
      This is a great application!
      The default GUI is pretty cluttered. I usually start by reconfiguring all panels since the defaults are so bad.

Comment

Personally I find it optimal in the default settings, however I realize that there will never be a default that will all agree, so I think it's great to be able to configure an application as you see fit.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post

The default GUI is pretty cluttered. I usually start by reconfiguring all panels since the defaults are so bad.
          I think it's better to show a lot of stuff that the user can hide, then not showing it and relying on users to dig through menus to discover functionality. As Charlie68 said, defaults are little more than hints, they'll never please everybody. As long as they don't anger a majority of users, they're ok, whatever they are.

Comment

I think apps should start shipping some community-submitted (and then dev-vetted) UI styles and at first run, show a few of the more common samples to ease peoples experiences. Digikam could certainly use a 'simplified' option, then at times, maybe pop up an option to expand the UI to more adavanced levels operation (keyboard shortcut warriors clearly need not apply).
            Hi

Comment

I think people have a brain, so they can change as they please. I do not think users should be considered as children to accompany ...

Comment

When's the last time you had a conversation with 'adults' amounting to something more than your little circle? I'm constantly surprised at the level of comprehension to UIs adults have. Children pick up things incredibly quickly, but adults? So many blockers (time, lack of interest, years ofental/physical abuse, insert whatever psychological reason you want), they all to often need a simple, clean app they can get their claws in to to produce something. Less about exploration and more about production and results.

Its gotten to the point people don't even care anymore, and wait for a phone app to automate a procedure for us.

Creating a couple UI styles for an app is hardly difficult, time-consuming or likely to scare off potential long-term users.
                Hi

Comment

Working...
                X