GNOME's Geary 0.13 Is A Big Step Forward For This Linux Mail Client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dkasak View Post

That's strange, because for approx the last 10 years, I've been using Thunderbird with the Lightning extension, and it's done a great job at connecting to Exchange as a calendar client. Creating meetings worked even better than the Outlook Web Client thing for me, because Thunderbird understood what timezone I was in ( creating meetings in the web client made meetings start at 1am my time ).

Are you unable to set up Lightning? Or ignorant of its existence?
    That timezone bug has long been fixed on both outlook dot com and the O365 Outlook Web Client and the Calendar of both platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

What do you mean? I just tried doing that in Kate and it works fine for me.
      And I just tried Kate too, and upon pressing Ctrl+Right it always jumps to the beginning of the next word, not to the end of the current one. Are you sure you don't see this behavior?

Comment

That timezone bug has long been fixed on both outlook dot com and the O365 Outlook Web Client and the Calendar of both platforms.
        Ah, good to hear. I guess my employers have been running old versions?

Comment

Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
          these hobby e-mail clients are just as hopeless as the hobby browser projects out there. Not gonna happen. Mozilla even funded their client with tons of money, but in 2019 you still can't organize a friggin' meeting within your organization.
          Some of us don't need to schedule meetings, fuss with calendars, etc. We just need a tool to deal with email.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Angel View Post
            And I just tried Kate too, and upon pressing Ctrl+Right it always jumps to the beginning of the next word, not to the end of the current one. Are you sure you don't see this behavior?
            Yes, I'm sure. It jumps to the end of the current word.

Comment

Yes, I'm sure. It jumps to the end of the current word.
              Oh, this is odd. You might want to make a comment about it on this bugreport https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-64360 there specifically Kate is used as a testcase , and the fact that it works correctly in some circumstances should be a very useful one.

Comment

You linked a bug report about a deprecated and removed plugin. If you are trying to imply something, you are failing miserably.

Originally posted by YamashitaRen View Post

Comment

Originally posted by bash2bash View Post
                  You linked a bug report about a deprecated and removed plugin. If you are trying to imply something, you are failing miserably.

Seems like you failed to read the bug report or understand what it is about.
                  Now I ask you :
                  - What was the use of Claws Mail Fancy plugin ?
                  - What replaces it ?
                  - Is this bug report being ignored for 2 years satisfying ?

Btw, your comment totally misses the point.
                  Where do you see that the plugin is deprecated and removed ? https://git.claws-mail.org/?p=claws....6a8fca;hb=HEAD
                  Last edited by YamashitaRen; 24 February 2019, 07:29 AM.

Comment

- The Fancy plugin was used to view HTML emails
                    - It was replaced by the Dillo plugin
                    - Indeed, once the vulnerability in the webkitgtk2 was discovered, the Fancy plugin was removed

For quite some time after the Fancy plugin was removed, claws-mail essentially did not support HTML emails and viewed them as plain text. Until the dillo plugin was made available. I personally don't like HTML emails, so I don't use either of those plugins.

Why don't you accept that you are wrong and move on? don't be a little kid, you made a mistake and its ok. Move on.

*edit*
                    I forgot to mention that Fedora was missing some plugins, I think some of them are not actively maintained. The dillo plugin for Fedora was only recently back in the repo.
                    Last edited by bash2bash; 24 February 2019, 06:32 PM. Reason: clear about Fedora

Comment

- Indeed, once the vulnerability in the webkitgtk2 was discovered, the Fancy plugin was removed
                      Btw, your comment totally misses the point.
                      Where do you see that the plugin is deprecated and removed ? https://git.claws-mail.org/?p=claws....6a8fca;hb=HEAD
                      Since you seem quite obstinate, I will spell it out to you.
                      Fancy plugin never got removed or deprecated. It just isn't packaged by distro anymore since they all kicked out webkitgtk2 because of https://blogs.gnome.org/mcatanzaro/2...urity-updates/
                      Instead of addressing the issue (porting the plugin to webkit2gtk, which required to port claws-mail to gtk3), upstream chose to revive the very old dillo_viewer plugin : https://git.claws-mail.org/?p=claws....7296e4bbb9f85c
                      Which I'm not even sure is more secure than the outcasted webkitgtk.

Anyway, the old dillo_viewer plugin is terrible. Which, as expected, you don't care about since you're one of theses marginals who don't want to acknowledge that HTML email is an essential feature of a mail client today.

Comment

Working...
                      X