PulseAudio Plugin Allows For Better Bluetooth Audio Quality On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
    More importantly it doesnt degrade the audio any further if you avoid transcoding.
    do they not have lossless sources?

Comment

Originally posted by Sesivany View Post
      converting AAC 256kbps (that's what they use for iTunes and Apple Music) to LDAC 660/990kbps.
      doing conversion to increase bitrate is insane

Comment

i'm expecting article when it lands in rpmfusion(should be soon)

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
          i'm expecting article when it lands in rpmfusion(should be soon)
          +1.

- Gilboa
          oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
          oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
          oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
          Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

doing conversion to increase bitrate is insane
            Increasing bitrate is the only thing that makes sense in this case. You want to get to a simpler codex the low-power headphones can efficiently decode, and it is also the only way to avoid very obvious artifacts from double encoding.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
              Wake me up when PA has this by default in all major distros:

We are now in 2019 and absolutely basic audio features are not available in Linux. Sigh.
              So you bought shitty headphones and complain about the lack of bass and trebles? Maybe have underpowered DAC & headphone amp? Somehow it's a software issue now? The truth is, even with loudness eq, your sound quality will suck. Consider https://www.head-fi.org/articles/hea...dphones.17595/

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
                So you bought shitty headphones and complain about the lack of bass and trebles? Maybe have underpowered DAC & headphone amp? Somehow it's a software issue now? The truth is, even with loudness eq, your sound quality will suck. Consider https://www.head-fi.org/articles/hea...dphones.17595/
                Note that it's Loudness Equalization that's highlighted... as in "We're sick of having to constantly juggle the sliders in pavucontrol or kmix as we move from YouTube video to YouTube video (some of which need to be boosted beyond 100%, which YouTube's own volume slider can't do) while simultaneously keeping notification sounds from things like IM clients at the right volume."

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
                  You want to get to a simpler codex the low-power headphones can efficiently decode
                  who told you that? decoding audio in hardware is trivial and besides, we are discussing apple who already has aac decode in headphones. there are no efficiency considerations outside of your imagination. btw, transmitting larger bitrate wirelessly takes more power

Comment

who told you that? decoding audio in hardware is trivial and besides, we are discussing apple who already has aac decode in headphones. there are no efficiency considerations outside of your imagination. btw, transmitting larger bitrate wirelessly takes more power
                    Are you dumb or something?

The hardware in smaller lower power hardware, has less power. And I was not talking about Apple, I was talking about Bluethooth, and before Apple decided to add AAC to Bluethooth there as no AAC in protocol, and it wasn't there for a reason as there was no low-power chips that could decode it. A big part of the air pods was that Apple bought a company that had invented a low-power chip that could decode AAC, which made this particular setup possible.

Comment

The legal part is only related to shipping the distro with it installed, right?

That is, can I install the needed packages later on my ubuntu/arch/whatever distro and it will work?

Comment

Working...
                      X