KDE Frameworks 5.55 Released With Android Notifications, KWayland Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Frameworks 5.55 Released With Android Notifications, KWayland Fixes

Phoronix: KDE Frameworks 5.55 Released With Android Notifications, KWayland Fixes

KDE Frameworks 5.55 was released this weekend as the latest monthly update to this collection of add-on libraries to Qt5...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wow that's actually a lot of new icons. Actually, that's a lot of changes in general, but I'm surprised how practically none of them impact me. Not that I care - my KDE experience has been pretty stable.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      Wow that's actually a lot of new icons. Actually, that's a lot of changes in general, but I'm surprised how practically none of them impact me. Not that I care - my KDE experience has been pretty stable.
      It's actually funny. When GNOME showed their redesign recently, the Linux community was like "but why would they bother, everyone installs a different icon theme to match their taste anyway". But whenever KDE's Breeze hits the headlines, I hear no one say stuff like that even though I know that most Plasma users also use a different icon theme (me included).

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
        It's actually funny. When GNOME showed their redesign recently, the Linux community was like "but why would they bother, everyone installs a different icon theme to match their taste anyway". But whenever KDE's Breeze hits the headlines, I hear no one say stuff like that even though I know that most Plasma users also use a different icon theme (me included).
        Well, I wasn't one of the people whining about GNOME, and I certainly wouldn't say anything as stupid as "everyone installs a different icon theme anyway". I don't use GNOME (not my cup of tea) but I don't really have any gripes with it as an environment.

Comment

Every change that further stabilizes Wayland support is really welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

At least in my opinion breeze(dark) is one of the most beautiful/harmonious themes/iconsets, so i'm all in for improvements ^^

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
              Well, I wasn't one of the people whining about GNOME, and I certainly wouldn't say anything as stupid as "everyone installs a different icon theme anyway". I don't use GNOME (not my cup of tea) but I don't really have any gripes with it as an environment.
              Sorry, didn't mean it like that. I just used your post as starting point for my argument, didn't mean that you said such thing.

Comment

Working...
              X