Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Frameworks 5.55 Released With Android Notifications, KWayland Fixes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KDE Frameworks 5.55 Released With Android Notifications, KWayland Fixes

    Phoronix: KDE Frameworks 5.55 Released With Android Notifications, KWayland Fixes

    KDE Frameworks 5.55 was released this weekend as the latest monthly update to this collection of add-on libraries to Qt5...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-5.55-Released

  • #2
    Wow that's actually a lot of new icons. Actually, that's a lot of changes in general, but I'm surprised how practically none of them impact me. Not that I care - my KDE experience has been pretty stable.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      Wow that's actually a lot of new icons. Actually, that's a lot of changes in general, but I'm surprised how practically none of them impact me. Not that I care - my KDE experience has been pretty stable.
      It's actually funny. When GNOME showed their redesign recently, the Linux community was like "but why would they bother, everyone installs a different icon theme to match their taste anyway". But whenever KDE's Breeze hits the headlines, I hear no one say stuff like that even though I know that most Plasma users also use a different icon theme (me included).

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
        It's actually funny. When GNOME showed their redesign recently, the Linux community was like "but why would they bother, everyone installs a different icon theme to match their taste anyway". But whenever KDE's Breeze hits the headlines, I hear no one say stuff like that even though I know that most Plasma users also use a different icon theme (me included).
        Well, I wasn't one of the people whining about GNOME, and I certainly wouldn't say anything as stupid as "everyone installs a different icon theme anyway". I don't use GNOME (not my cup of tea) but I don't really have any gripes with it as an environment.

        Comment


        • #5
          Every change that further stabilizes Wayland support is really welcome.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

            It's actually funny. When GNOME showed their redesign recently, the Linux community was like "but why would they bother, everyone installs a different icon theme to match their taste anyway". But whenever KDE's Breeze hits the headlines, I hear no one say stuff like that even though I know that most Plasma users also use a different icon theme (me included).
            At least in my opinion breeze(dark) is one of the most beautiful/harmonious themes/iconsets, so i'm all in for improvements ^^

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
              Well, I wasn't one of the people whining about GNOME, and I certainly wouldn't say anything as stupid as "everyone installs a different icon theme anyway". I don't use GNOME (not my cup of tea) but I don't really have any gripes with it as an environment.
              Sorry, didn't mean it like that. I just used your post as starting point for my argument, didn't mean that you said such thing.

              Comment

              Working...
              X