Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flowblade 2.0 GTK3-Based Linux Video Editor Now Available

Phoronix: Flowblade 2.0 GTK3-Based Linux Video Editor Now Available

For those still trying to find a suitable non-linear open-source Linux video editing solution that fits your needs, Flowblade 2.0 is now available for this decade old video editor that is arguably not as well known as the likes of Kdenlive and OpenShot. Flowblade 2.0 comes with the largest workflow and user experience improvements since the early days of the project...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I love how it is not using CSD

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      The Flowblade 2.0 video editor comes with a new custom GTK3 theme and configurable workflow items ot better cater to different users,
      I hope this isn't extremely slow due to the usage of Python...

​​​​Also, this is a good example why Java-style reverse DNS naming in Flatpak is a problem. The developer doesn't have a domain, so the project is not "owned" by him/her, but rather by GitHub.
      Last edited by tildearrow; 05 February 2019, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by paupav View Post
        I love how it is not using CSD
        There's no requirement for GTK applications to use CSDs or Headerbars.

I think for an application with a large amount of functionality, not using menus is probably impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
          I hope this isn't extremely slow due to the usage of Python...
          I never had any of these Python written video editors run without at least crashing half a dozen of times within the first 10 minutes usage. PiTv was one of these horrible crashing apps until I ditched it for a commercial solution.

Comment

Yet another video editor for the Linux desktop. Just like Windows they are starting to proliferate,

Comment

Originally posted by Candy View Post
              I never had any of these Python written video editors run without at least crashing half a dozen of times within the first 10 minutes usage. PiTv was one of these horrible crashing apps until I ditched it for a commercial solution.
              I'm going to try it out today, but if it crashes once, or can't do real motion blur, out of here Flowblade will be...

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                ​​​​Also, this is a good example why Java-style reverse DNS naming in Flatpak is a problem. The developer doesn't have a domain, so the project is not "owned" by him/her, but rather by GitHub.
                Isn't that just supposed to be a "source site" thing?

Comment

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post
                  Yet another video editor for the Linux desktop. Just like Windows they are starting to proliferate,
                  "starting to proliferate" is a bit courageous, this software exists since 2013 at the very least. That's more than 5 years ago.

Comment

I wish they would use a CSD. Maybe something like builder.

Comment

Working...
                    X