Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chewi
    replied
    I didn't attend the VLC talk as I had others to go to but I did talk to a couple of the guys at the VLC stand and they were really nice. I asked about missing forced subtitles when playing Blu-rays, which I think is actually a libbluray problem. I didn't expect them to be interested but they were surprised that it didn't work for me and urged me to file a bug if it really is still an issue. It was mostly an issue with Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad but I only rent discs so I'll have to wait for something else to test again.

Leave a comment:

• Britoid
    replied
    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

GNOME interface? But it will still rely on Qt: https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/query?...ilestone=4.0.0
    "● Gnome and KDE adpatations"

I presume they'll use QT with CSDs.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by louis_irl View Post
    Wow, I'm really excited for the GNOME interface! Are there any mockups yet, or is it just in the planning stage?
    GNOME interface? But it will still rely on Qt: https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/query?...ilestone=4.0.0

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Meteorhead View Post
    Nice UI overhaul. Personally, I really like the UI that's inside the UWP version. This resembles that very much. (I know, that on Phoronix this statement is probably going to irreversibly add a negative connotation to the new UI, but to quote a classic: it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.)
    I like the looks of that UWP version, but I don't see the resemblance between that version and the new 4.0 interface.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Britoid View Post

Nice. Wonder how it will compare to GNOME MPV.
    You mean Celluloid?

Leave a comment:

• TheLexMachine
    replied
    It would be great if they finally remove the WMV bug in VLC (Linux) that has plagued it for years. That's the only reason why I use mpv, as it handles WMV perfectly.

Leave a comment:

• Britoid
    replied
    Originally posted by louis_irl View Post
    Wow, I'm really excited for the GNOME interface! Are there any mockups yet, or is it just in the planning stage?
    just planning afaik

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    That's actually a nice looking UI. I plan on actually giving VLC another go once it's out.

It's just hard to find something good enough to replace SMPlayer.

Leave a comment:

• sturmen
    replied
    Looks great! Very much looking forward to this, especially the XR support.

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    From what I can tell so far, I like it. I never really had a problem with the old interface, but this new one looks nice. I'm sure it'll play better with Wayland than the existing one, so I look forward to it.

I'd have really liked VLC to support HMDs much sooner. Linux is in desperate need of a good native VR video player.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X