No announcement yet.

Kodi 18.0 Released With Reworked Wayland Platform, Retroplayer Gaming Support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kodi 18.0 Released With Reworked Wayland Platform, Retroplayer Gaming Support

Phoronix: Kodi 18.0 Released With Reworked Wayland Platform, Retroplayer Gaming Support

Kodi 18.0 "Leia" is now available as one of the biggest releases ever for this open-source, cross-platform multimedia/HTPC software...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-18.0-Released

1080p netflix on raspberry pi

Comment

finally i can put my netflix on the raspberry pi!! for a good vacation tvbox

Comment

For Kodi running as a session, I can choose Wayland in the setting or I have to edit some config file?

Comment

In case others run into the same issue......

My Linux systems with updated v18 Kodi on them, would no longer play anything when selecting a TV show from the EPG. I'm using Mediaportal TV server for my TV backend. I ended up having to change the config on the kodi-pvr-mediaportal-tvserver plugin to use TSReader with RTSP enabled. This combo would never work for me before, so I had always used ffmpeg. Oddly, now it's the only setting that works after the v18 update.

Comment

It also includes h.265 HEVC decoding via vaapi if available.

Comment

Originally posted by higuita View Post

finally i can put my netflix on the raspberry pi!! for a good vacation tvbox
              Not sure about that. IIRC even Odroid-C2 was barely capable of decrypting/decoding 720p Netflix streams.

Comment

For those hoping for Netflix on rpi... I don’t think so. DRM protected streams are not decoded in hardware, but in software.
                rpi3 overclocked might handle 720p, Odroid C2 should be ok with 720p, but I don’t think they can do 1080p. Certainly not the rpi.
                1080p probably works on Odroid XU4 or rk3399 based boards, I doubt any other.

Comment

I still don't like the stupid name 'Kodi'. They had a surprising amount of brand recognition with XBMC. Not so much with this dopey new moniker.

Comment

Does Amazon Prime work with inputstream on Linux now? This didn't work on v17 and I had to install chrome.
                    I would love to drop chrome and use internal means if possible.

Comment

Working...
                    X