X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pranos View Post
    First Xfce release 1996
    First LXQt release 2014.

Also Xfce has no update since very long time.
    I agree with you regarding updates and that the LxQt project is pretty young still, but how does first release date say anything about defaults? If that was the case, then Enlightenment should've been default just as much as Xfce given the fact that Enlightenment's first release also took place in 1996...

Comment

Nice to have Gtk settings in LXQt, although installing the LXDE appearance settings tool was an easy workaround.
      What I’d like is that qterminal and pcmanfm-qt stopped randomly bringing themselves to front when I click inside them (even though I have disabled that behaviour in OpenBox).

Comment

Originally posted by chris200x9 View Post
        Being Qt5 and having a replaceable WM would LXQt be fully wayland compatible if I used something like sway with it?
        You can use kwin for this.
        they have info about kwin and wayland on forum and git (and no, it won't get bloated - they have comparison tests to show the resources used by kwin and sway)

Sway may became an alternative in the future, but since there's not much gain over kwin (as amazing as that may seem) - there's not much reason to persue it...
        Last edited by Mavman; 26 January 2019, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X