GNOME Is Making Great Progress On Overhauling Their App Icons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Yep. I especially dislike how I need plugins from a website to give me functionality that XFCE and Plasma include by default -- that is not user friendly.

Windows users don't want a desktop without a system tray, a task bar, or a start menu. I'd wager that's 85% of us based on all the Gnome3 comments I've read.

I ran Gnome for the first time in a while on an Antergos live cd the other day and I was lost for the first few minutes. Once I got the hang of it, it wasn't that bad...but I still didn't like it and would have preferred a more traditional desktop. If Plasma's Present Windows became the method for me to switch windows....I'd drop Plasma in a heartbeat....because moving a mouse to the corner, moving to the program, and then clicking on it to use it is soooo much better and faster than clicking the freakin taskbar. Gnome multitasking is just awful.
    You can set Present Windows in any corner you like in Plasma.

Comment

Originally posted by arokh View Post
      GNOME is already the best Linux desktop and just keeps getting better. People claiming plasma/xfce/whatever to be better are delusional.
      Or, you know, people have different preferences. You like GNOME? Fine. I don't. I respect your opinion, but in my opinion, GNOME is one of the worst DE's.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
        The Gnome3 desktop by default in many distributions is a big reason why windows users are not interest to use Linux.
        Yeees. Suuuure. Great that you have finally figured out the culprit. Well, it's gonna be hard to satisfy those Windows 10 users with their nerdy desktop environment.

Comment

The atmosphere here, oh ,so sour.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuxee View Post

Yeees. Suuuure. Great that you have finally figured out the culprit. Well, it's gonna be hard to satisfy those Windows 10 users with their nerdy desktop environment.
            I bet those Windows users can't wait till they spend hours customizing their desktop to look like Mac OS X.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
              I have the same issue with internet browsers and plugins...damn you Firefox, I really miss DownThemAll...
              I was a big fan of that addon. Thankfully, "Download Images from Tabs" provides the functionality I need in the latest Firefox:
              Download Download Images From Tabs for Firefox. Download images from tabs to the left, right or from the current tab. You can select links and open them in new tabs for download.

Comment

What is it with ugly icons these days? I always have to use third party icons sets now because the default sets are so fugly. I really hate those pencil drawn-like shaded icon sets that are so popular these days too. Hell, I've still got icons I copied from KDE 2.x that I use for individual things on my panel. I keep a bunch of icons in ~/.config that have been copied over the years on different systems and DE's.

It's not just Gnome (or even just Linux UI's... think Windows 10)... fugliness is the new way.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Or, you know, people have different preferences. You like GNOME? Fine. I don't. I respect your opinion, but in my opinion, GNOME is one of the worst DE's.
                  Sure, people have different preferences. Most people like GNOME which is why the largest distributions have chosen it. Your opinion is in the 0,5% that doesn't like GNOME, congratulations.

Comment

Yaru > all

Comment

So let me get this straight: We have monitors with resolutions that are skyrocketing and GPU power increasing to match, even in the mobile space, and to take advantage of that we go with icons that are simpler, flatter, overall less detailed and not looking out of place on Windows 95.

Comment

Working...
                      X