Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME Is Making Great Progress On Overhauling Their App Icons

Phoronix: GNOME Is Making Great Progress On Overhauling Their App Icons

In addition to the many big ticket changes being worked on for GNOME 3.32 like better performance and Wayland improvements, it also marks the project embarking on a big overhaul of their application icons...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-Icon-Overhaul

Needs a pencil icon to go with the cassette icon.

Comment

Gnome always had their own design choices.
      Looks pretty...interesting...with the jumping heights and widths.
      They should have sticked to round and square icons with a unified height and width.

Comment

Seems to work well in the dark theme. I ask of no more

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
          The c-cassette icon describes perfectly what gnome3 is, going backwards with features and user friendless. The Gnome3 desktop by default in many distributions is a big reason why windows users are not interest to use Linux.
          Yep. I especially dislike how I need plugins from a website to give me functionality that XFCE and Plasma include by default -- that is not user friendly.

Windows users don't want a desktop without a system tray, a task bar, or a start menu. I'd wager that's 85% of us based on all the Gnome3 comments I've read.

I ran Gnome for the first time in a while on an Antergos live cd the other day and I was lost for the first few minutes. Once I got the hang of it, it wasn't that bad...but I still didn't like it and would have preferred a more traditional desktop. If Plasma's Present Windows became the method for me to switch windows....I'd drop Plasma in a heartbeat....because moving a mouse to the corner, moving to the program, and then clicking on it to use it is soooo much better and faster than clicking the freakin taskbar. Gnome multitasking is just awful.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Yep. I especially dislike how I need plugins from a website to give me functionality that XFCE and Plasma include by default -- that is not user friendly.

Windows users don't want a desktop without a system tray, a task bar, or a start menu. I'd wager that's 85% of us based on all the Gnome3 comments I've read.

I ran Gnome for the first time in a while on an Antergos live cd the other day and I was lost for the first few minutes. Once I got the hang of it, it wasn't that bad...but I still didn't like it and would have preferred a more traditional desktop. If Plasma's Present Windows became the method for me to switch windows....I'd drop Plasma in a heartbeat....because moving a mouse to the corner, moving to the program, and then clicking on it to use it is soooo much better and faster than clicking the freakin taskbar. Gnome multitasking is just awful.
            OR, you can just hit SUPER and click on your application of choice. Whatever floats your boat.

Comment

These icons are pretty bad.

No idea what the podcast icon is supposed to resemble.
              As for the radio, few people have seen a radio from the 60s.

Icons from Google's Material Design are much more beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                These icons are pretty bad.

No idea what the podcast icon is supposed to resemble.
                As for the radio, few people have seen a radio from the 60s.

Icons from Google's Material Design are much more beautiful.
                Idk but 3d icons are the best if you ask me.

Comment

icons is not what they should work on. gnome itself is barely usefull compared to kde,cinnamon,mate. i personaly dont care about icons, coz i can change them whenever i want. workflow is much harder to change.

Comment

It would be nice if they used more SVG icons, lower disk and memory usage that way. If rendering those icons can be offloaded to the GPU, even better.

Comment

Working...
                    X