Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine 4.0 Officially Released With Vulkan Support, Initial Direct3D 12 & Better HiDPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zzarko
    replied
    Originally posted by caligula View Post
    Good question. BTW Does X have any support for emulating X pointer with gamepads? I've been unsuccessful so far.
    For using joypads as general inputs, I have used AntiMicro for several years now, it is easy to configure it any way you like.
    [NOT maintained anymore] Graphical program used to map keyboard buttons and mouse controls to a gamepad. Useful for playing games with no gamepad support - AntiMicro/antimicro

Leave a comment:

• Brisse
    replied
    Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    As much as I am an advocate for Wayland, I don't advise it for gamers, especially those using Wine. It's not quite there yet IMO.
    Same. I use it a lot and the desktop experience has been pretty good lately, especially when using some yet to be merged patches for mutter and gnome-shell, but for those who just want a good gaming experience, just stick to x.org for now.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    And now even forum won't show message, he, he

To not say that videos in the game won't scale properly, as that with GL to GDI works only if you cap MaxShaderModelVS to 2 But then wined3d is unusable to render else shaders in a game anyway.

Whatever, user could rescale these bink videos to desired value which matches size of resoultion with RADVideo Tools and that works in WINE

RAD Game Tools' web page. RAD makes Bink Video, the Telemetry Performance Visualization System, and Oodle Data Compression - all popular video game middleware.

So, that is it after various steps i needed to guess, as game never worked properly in WINE... i got my own enhanced DX8 Indy, which could be played fine with Nine

All this is not a big issue for game modders anyway
    Last edited by dungeon; 23 January 2019, 11:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    WINE is far for perfection many times, let alone Wayland

Let say it like this... in this WINE version for near 16 year old Indiana Jones and The Emperor's Tomb (but is as of recently available on steam too), so i said lets try to push to run this and here are mine results. For that game i load native msvcrt, non default renderer gdi, then d3d8to9 pseudo driver...

And on top of that of course nine stalone, to render everything fast & proper with shaders

As Indiana Jones, you’ll travel to 1935 China to prevent a powerful artifact from falling into evil hands. This globe-spanning adventure pits you against evil Nazis and the Asian underworld. It’ll take more than just a trusty whip and pistol to avoid the perils of the Emperor’s Tomb.

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManag...ation&iId=3605
    Looking for msvcrt.dll? Fix4dll can help you! Free download missing dll files for Windows 7, 8, 10, Xp, Vista. We know how to fix dll files errors.

A D3D8 pseudo-driver which converts API calls and bytecode shaders to equivalent D3D9 ones. - crosire/d3d8to9

Gallium Nine Standalone. Contribute to dhewg/nine development by creating an account on GitHub.

To not mention that i use non default amdgpu driver also for AMD CIK... joking a bit, but this as example of reality sometimes. Game works perfect really, just with quite a lot of nondefaultism.

I won't report there platinum on appdb of course, as they don't support some things that i did for that game for example
    Last edited by dungeon; 23 January 2019, 10:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Hopefully Valve's Proton will soon be re-based to the current Wine 4.0 state.
    I find this slightly confusing - aren't a lot of the changes to Wine 4.0 due to Proton? In other words, it's more like Wine 4.0 is based on Proton 3.16, rather than the other way around. But maybe I'm wrong, in which case, I'm sure Proton 4.0 ought to narrow down the compatibility list.

Originally posted by Brisse View Post
    NieR: Automata is stuttering A LOT on xwayland for me as well. Perfectly smooth when using x.org though. It seems a bit random because other games, like Dark Souls III actually work pretty good when using xwayland while some games run terrible.
    As much as I am an advocate for Wayland, I don't advise it for gamers, especially those using Wine. It's not quite there yet IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Brisse
    replied
    NieR: Automata is stuttering A LOT on xwayland for me as well. Perfectly smooth when using x.org though. It seems a bit random because other games, like Dark Souls III actually work pretty good when using xwayland while some games run terrible.

Leave a comment:

• pinguinpc
    replied
    Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
    The second videos is stuttering a lot, it sould be much more fluid. Any idea why this happens? Frame rate seems to be ok. I've seen this on my machine as well but always thought it is related to 4k in xwayland.
    Is a recording problem because in game works without issues but as said before nvenc dont possible use because gpu up to 100%, but in first video use dx11 wine implementation and gpu dont up 100% for this reason 1st video dont have any problem

However give a minor idea about performance, with more powerfull gpu nvenc could possible use maybe with GTX 1060 3GB or more

Respect wayland, wayland needs more development (many issues and dont only graphics) maybe in future

Leave a comment:

• Ashraaf
    replied
    Originally posted by caligula View Post

Good question. BTW Does X have any support for emulating X pointer with gamepads? I've been unsuccessful so far.
    Have you tried following ArchWiki's guide? https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...trolling_mouse
    Try changing both "StartKeysEnabled" and "StartMouseEnabled" to True also make sure that MatchDevicePath is pointed to correct path eg.. "
    /dev/input/js*" for the original Joystick interface or "/dev/input/event*" for the newer evdev-based interface.

Leave a comment:

• R41N3R
    replied
    Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
    This wine version conclude rc series and have many improvements if you come from wine 3.0

Nier Automata

Last test with Pentium G3258 @ 4.1ghz + Artic Cooling Alpine 11 Plus

With Core i3 8350K Tri-Core @ 5.0ghz + CoolerMaster Hyper T4

About video with wine 2.13 will be possible recording with nvenc using wine regular dx11 implementation but actually using dxvk + faudio performance improve around 20 to 30fps depending scene

But now is not possible recording with nvenc because gpu up to 100% and when occur this situation video file recording have bad video and sound

With SSR* cpu recording stay better, sound stay ok and fps indicator appear well (give a better idea about performance)

*With obs give worst results using gpu or cpu compared SSR

The second videos is stuttering a lot, it sould be much more fluid. Any idea why this happens? Frame rate seems to be ok. I've seen this on my machine as well but always thought it is related to 4k in xwayland.

Leave a comment:

• ramrod
    replied
    Originally posted by bcellin View Post
    *** Input devices - HID game controllers are supported in the XInput and Raw Input APIs. - An SDL driver is implemented to make SDL game controllers available through the HID interface. I don't understand much about this. will I be able to play with my wireless xbox360 controllers out of the box using wine?? currently I have to struggle with xboxdrv, xdumbinput, etc.
    Yes they will work. Many other game pads will just work as well, as long as they work with SDL.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X