Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine 4.0 Officially Released With Vulkan Support, Initial Direct3D 12 & Better HiDPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caligula
    replied
    Originally posted by bcellin View Post
    *** Input devices - HID game controllers are supported in the XInput and Raw Input APIs. - An SDL driver is implemented to make SDL game controllers available through the HID interface. I don't understand much about this. will I be able to play with my wireless xbox360 controllers out of the box using wine?? currently I have to struggle with xboxdrv, xdumbinput, etc.
    Good question. BTW Does X have any support for emulating X pointer with gamepads? I've been unsuccessful so far.

Leave a comment:

• bcellin
    replied

*** Input devices - HID game controllers are supported in the XInput and Raw Input APIs. - An SDL driver is implemented to make SDL game controllers available through the HID interface. I don't understand much about this. will I be able to play with my wireless xbox360 controllers out of the box using wine?? currently I have to struggle with xboxdrv, xdumbinput, etc.

Leave a comment:

• pinguinpc
    replied
    This wine version conclude rc series and have many improvements if you come from wine 3.0

Nier Automata

Last test with Pentium G3258 @ 4.1ghz + Artic Cooling Alpine 11 Plus

With Core i3 8350K Tri-Core @ 5.0ghz + CoolerMaster Hyper T4

About video with wine 2.13 will be possible recording with nvenc using wine regular dx11 implementation but actually using dxvk + faudio performance improve around 20 to 30fps depending scene

But now is not possible recording with nvenc because gpu up to 100% and when occur this situation video file recording have bad video and sound

With SSR* cpu recording stay better, sound stay ok and fps indicator appear well (give a better idea about performance)

*With obs give worst results using gpu or cpu compared SSR

Last edited by pinguinpc; 22 January 2019, 07:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wine 4.0 Officially Released With Vulkan Support, Initial Direct3D 12 & Better HiDPI

Phoronix: Wine 4.0 Officially Released With Vulkan Support, Initial Direct3D 12 & Better HiDPI

Wine 4.0 is now officially available as the new annual stable release to Wine for running Windows programs and games on Linux and other operating systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X