Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine 4.0 Officially Released With Vulkan Support, Initial Direct3D 12 & Better HiDPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wine 4.0 Officially Released With Vulkan Support, Initial Direct3D 12 & Better HiDPI

    Phoronix: Wine 4.0 Officially Released With Vulkan Support, Initial Direct3D 12 & Better HiDPI

    Wine 4.0 is now officially available as the new annual stable release to Wine for running Windows programs and games on Linux and other operating systems...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ially-Released

  • #2
    This wine version conclude rc series and have many improvements if you come from wine 3.0

    Nier Automata

    Last test with Pentium G3258 @ 4.1ghz + Artic Cooling Alpine 11 Plus



    With Core i3 8350K Tri-Core @ 5.0ghz + CoolerMaster Hyper T4



    About video with wine 2.13 will be possible recording with nvenc using wine regular dx11 implementation but actually using dxvk + faudio performance improve around 20 to 30fps depending scene

    But now is not possible recording with nvenc because gpu up to 100% and when occur this situation video file recording have bad video and sound

    With SSR* cpu recording stay better, sound stay ok and fps indicator appear well (give a better idea about performance)

    *With obs give worst results using gpu or cpu compared SSR

    Last edited by pinguinpc; 01-22-2019, 07:34 PM.

    Comment


    • #3

      *** Input devices - HID game controllers are supported in the XInput and Raw Input APIs. - An SDL driver is implemented to make SDL game controllers available through the HID interface. I don't understand much about this. will I be able to play with my wireless xbox360 controllers out of the box using wine?? currently I have to struggle with xboxdrv, xdumbinput, etc.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by bcellin View Post
        *** Input devices - HID game controllers are supported in the XInput and Raw Input APIs. - An SDL driver is implemented to make SDL game controllers available through the HID interface. I don't understand much about this. will I be able to play with my wireless xbox360 controllers out of the box using wine?? currently I have to struggle with xboxdrv, xdumbinput, etc.
        Good question. BTW Does X have any support for emulating X pointer with gamepads? I've been unsuccessful so far.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bcellin View Post
          *** Input devices - HID game controllers are supported in the XInput and Raw Input APIs. - An SDL driver is implemented to make SDL game controllers available through the HID interface. I don't understand much about this. will I be able to play with my wireless xbox360 controllers out of the box using wine?? currently I have to struggle with xboxdrv, xdumbinput, etc.
          Yes they will work. Many other game pads will just work as well, as long as they work with SDL.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
            This wine version conclude rc series and have many improvements if you come from wine 3.0

            Nier Automata

            Last test with Pentium G3258 @ 4.1ghz + Artic Cooling Alpine 11 Plus



            With Core i3 8350K Tri-Core @ 5.0ghz + CoolerMaster Hyper T4



            About video with wine 2.13 will be possible recording with nvenc using wine regular dx11 implementation but actually using dxvk + faudio performance improve around 20 to 30fps depending scene

            But now is not possible recording with nvenc because gpu up to 100% and when occur this situation video file recording have bad video and sound

            With SSR* cpu recording stay better, sound stay ok and fps indicator appear well (give a better idea about performance)

            *With obs give worst results using gpu or cpu compared SSR

            The second videos is stuttering a lot, it sould be much more fluid. Any idea why this happens? Frame rate seems to be ok. I've seen this on my machine as well but always thought it is related to 4k in xwayland.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by caligula View Post

              Good question. BTW Does X have any support for emulating X pointer with gamepads? I've been unsuccessful so far.
              Have you tried following ArchWiki's guide? https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...trolling_mouse
              Try changing both "StartKeysEnabled" and "StartMouseEnabled" to True also make sure that MatchDevicePath is pointed to correct path eg.. "
              /dev/input/js*" for the original Joystick interface or "/dev/input/event*" for the newer evdev-based interface.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
                The second videos is stuttering a lot, it sould be much more fluid. Any idea why this happens? Frame rate seems to be ok. I've seen this on my machine as well but always thought it is related to 4k in xwayland.
                Is a recording problem because in game works without issues but as said before nvenc dont possible use because gpu up to 100%, but in first video use dx11 wine implementation and gpu dont up 100% for this reason 1st video dont have any problem

                However give a minor idea about performance, with more powerfull gpu nvenc could possible use maybe with GTX 1060 3GB or more

                Respect wayland, wayland needs more development (many issues and dont only graphics) maybe in future

                Comment


                • #9
                  NieR: Automata is stuttering A LOT on xwayland for me as well. Perfectly smooth when using x.org though. It seems a bit random because other games, like Dark Souls III actually work pretty good when using xwayland while some games run terrible.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hopefully Valve's Proton will soon be re-based to the current Wine 4.0 state.
                    I find this slightly confusing - aren't a lot of the changes to Wine 4.0 due to Proton? In other words, it's more like Wine 4.0 is based on Proton 3.16, rather than the other way around. But maybe I'm wrong, in which case, I'm sure Proton 4.0 ought to narrow down the compatibility list.

                    Originally posted by Brisse View Post
                    NieR: Automata is stuttering A LOT on xwayland for me as well. Perfectly smooth when using x.org though. It seems a bit random because other games, like Dark Souls III actually work pretty good when using xwayland while some games run terrible.
                    As much as I am an advocate for Wayland, I don't advise it for gamers, especially those using Wine. It's not quite there yet IMO.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X