Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cRaZy-bisCuiT View Post

This is what Google said?
    The Mesa VA-API implementation is missing an API from VA-API which is used by Chromium to determine valid backing textures for the decoder, so Chromium works around this and does the default (which doesn't work as expected on the Mesa VA-API). It's what I say, I know it doesn't implement that. You can't just blame everything on "Google's lazy".

Comment

Originally posted by lu_tze View Post
      It is more of having unfortunate defaults than bugs. It can be solved easily with export allow_rgb10_configs=false.
      If Mesa implemented the API that's supposed to tell programs which texture format to use (or not to use, in this case), then you wouldn't need to pass environment variables into Chromium (and there's really no good way to do this with many distro chromium packages, unless you are launching chromium from a .desktop file).

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post

If Mesa implemented the API that's supposed to tell programs which texture format to use (or not to use, in this case), then you wouldn't need to pass environment variables into Chromium (and there's really no good way to do this with many distro chromium packages, unless you are launching chromium from a .desktop file).
        .drirc detects chromium since a fix that came along freesync patches, it didnt detect its executable path before that but works fine now.

Code:
                <application name="Chromium" executable="chromium">
                    <option name="adaptive_sync" value="false" />
                    <option name="allow_rgb10_configs" value="false" />
                </application>

Comment

In case anyone else has been going insane trying to get widevine working with the chromium snap:

Install google chrome (or extract the contents of the deb package)

Then, copy libwidevinecdm.so from /opt/google/chrome to /home/YOURUSER/snap/chromium/current/.local/lib/ (you may have to create the lib folder)

And now netflix works (once I change user agent to google chrome)

Comment

Originally posted by clapbr View Post

.drirc detects chromium since a fix that came along freesync patches, it didnt detect its executable path before that but works fine now.

Code:
            </application>
            Cool. I think this fix needs to be applied on a lot of other applications as well, not just Chromium.

Comment

Originally posted by clapbr View Post

Code:
              </application>
              What version of what package/project makes that DRIRC rule work (or is it not in a release yet)? I tried something similar but it didn't work a couple weeks back with stable releases of everything. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post

What version of what package/project makes that DRIRC rule work (or is it not in a release yet)? I tried something similar but it didn't work a couple weeks back with stable releases of everything. Thanks for the info.
                mesa git master https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/...2cb1c8f79817a9 not sure if landed on release yet

Comment

Originally posted by polarathene View Post
                  If it works in a snap package, it'd work with flatpak too? Or does that have some limitations that snaps don't for packaging/using this?
                  I have VAAPI working in a docker container for hardware accelerated video decoding for emby. All it needs to pass is a device file. Same should be true of flatpak, I'd imagine.

Comment

Working...
                  X