Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inkscape 1.0 Alpha Released For This Leading Open-Source Vector Graphics Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inkscape 1.0 Alpha Released For This Leading Open-Source Vector Graphics Program

Phoronix: Inkscape 1.0 Alpha Released For This Leading Open-Source Vector Graphics Program

Inkscape on Thursday announced their 0.92.4 release that brought many stability and bug fixes but also some performance improvements and other enhancements. Most exciting though is the debut of Inkscape 1.0 alpha...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Inkscape is really a superb piece of software I've used for many different things.

Comment

Their tooling is very effective, by far the best font vector editor on Linux presently, I wish I could use that tooling in Krita.

I do hope they put a UI refresh/rethink on their roadmap once they get things buttoned up, exposing powerful functionality intuitively to the user is important to make a tool even more famous.

Comment

Great with GTK3 support!

Comment

HiDPI!!!
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Finally v1.0 is on the horizon. I really like Inkscape. It's much closer than Gimp to its respective commercial alternatives.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
              Their tooling is very effective, by far the best font vector editor on Linux presently, I wish I could use that tooling in Krita.

I do hope they put a UI refresh/rethink on their roadmap once they get things buttoned up, exposing powerful functionality intuitively to the user is important to make a tool even more famous.
              I like the current UI, especially when compared to the likes of GIMP, however if they can improve it even more, Inkscape could become amazing.

Comment

Inkscape is alpha stage software? Who knew! It's been solid whenever I've used it

Comment

I miss SVG animation. Synfig can do it, why can't Inkscape??

Comment

Originally posted by q2dg View Post
                    I miss SVG animation. Synfig can do it, why can't Inkscape??
                    I think they have interest in supporting animation one day. In the mean time they offer this page: https://inkscape.org/learn/animation/

Comment

Working...
                    X