X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jedibeeftrix
    replied
    Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Where are reasonable priced freesync2 HDR monitors? Do you really need techniques like HDR and ray tracing that slows down fps. The rc-2 kernel has more patches for the nvme driver so avoid the rc-1 kernel that is partially implemented and unstable.
    That is not a useful answer to my question.

HDR does not "slow down fps" in any way at all.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Originally posted by Mathias View Post

What does this mean exactly? Is it just a readback or can I easily change the clocks with that patch?
    Readback. This exactly means it could show up in GUIs for Linux too

Same thing like Mesa's Gallium HUD could already show:

GALLIUM_HUD=simple,shader-clock,memory-clock glxgears
    With HWMON interface that could be show in console, or in TUIs, GUIs too, GTK; QT, whatever... and it does not require root rights like debugfs for example or whatever

It is more universal, say since AMDGPU-PRO blobies does not have HUD, this is useful for these too i guess
    Last edited by dungeon; 17 January 2019, 02:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    Yep, I meant debugfs.

Leave a comment:

• agd5f
    replied
    Originally posted by shmerl View Post

But they do show up in debug sysfs now? I.e. you can see frequencies in amdgpu_pm_info for example.
    I'm not sure what you are asking. amdgpu_pm_info has always been in debugfs. The hwmon-compatible freq interfaces are in sysfs just like the existing hwmon interfaces for voltage, power, fan, etc.

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    Originally posted by agd5f View Post
    hwmon does not actually technically support clock frequencies so it won't show up in standard hwmon tools like sensors.
    But they do show up in debug sysfs now? I.e. you can see frequencies in amdgpu_pm_info for example.

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    Originally posted by agd5f View Post

The packaged Linux drivers available at amd.com use dkms and support both a fully open stack and the closed source components for workstation. You can install just the open source packaged if you don't need the pro stuff. In additional, we provide our dkms git trees (e.g., https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/...g/?h=amd-18.50 )
    if you want to adapt to support other kernels or distros we don't currently support.
    Do you plan to use some standard distro repos for that? This way it won't require manual package installation and users will just select packages they need with apt-get or whatever.

Leave a comment:

• agd5f
    replied
    Originally posted by Mathias View Post

What does this mean exactly? Is it just a readback or can I easily change the clocks with that patch?
    It just exposes the current clocks via a hwmon compatible interface (e.g., freq1_input). hwmon does not actually technically support clock frequencies so it won't show up in standard hwmon tools like sensors.

Leave a comment:

• agd5f
    replied
    Originally posted by shmerl View Post

Where exactly are amdpgpu dkms packages available though? Wasn't there some plan to make a Debian (and some other distros) repos for them? Would be useful to test latest amdgpu updates without recompiling the whole kernel, but at the same time that's all I need, I don't want to install the whole PRO bundle to get it.
    The packaged Linux drivers available at amd.com use dkms and support both a fully open stack and the closed source components for workstation. You can install just the open source packaged if you don't need the pro stuff. In additional, we provide our dkms git trees (e.g., https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/...g/?h=amd-18.50 )
    if you want to adapt to support other kernels or distros we don't currently support.

Leave a comment:

• Mathias
    replied
    Originally posted by faph View Post
    and then:
    - Shader clocks and memory clocks are now exposed via hwmon interfaces.
    Fu**ing finally!

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post

You don't need proprietary drivers - AMD open source drivers are available both upstream and packaged with DKMS/KCL "so that they are independent and can be updated independently".
    Where exactly are amdpgpu dkms packages available though? Wasn't there some plan to make a Debian (and some other distros) repos for them? Would be useful to test latest amdgpu updates without recompiling the whole kernel, but at the same time that's all I need, I don't want to install the whole PRO bundle to get it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X