X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Termy
    replied
    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Maybe you didn't understand my post? I said "KDE" music player. Cantata is Qt, but not KDE.
    Well, you did compare GTK to "KDE", so i assumed you really refered to Qt ^^
    And (at least for me) it's not that important if a project is part of KDE directly or just integrates flawless

Leave a comment:

• Danny3
    replied
    Originally posted by aht0 View Post
    I like Okular. At some point I even installed it on Windows machines using 'KDE for Windows' installer, because it was lighter and handier compared to Adobe Reader
    I install Evince 2.32 for years on Windows for years, for the same reasons.
    I didn't know that it's possible to install Okular on Windows.
    I'll give a try, thanks for the hint!

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Termy View Post

you should take a look at cantata if you want a "modern amarok" - plus, its extremely lightweight with MPD.
    Maybe you didn't understand my post? I said "KDE" music player. Cantata is Qt, but not KDE.

Leave a comment:

• aht0
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMorden View Post
    That's not saying much. ArcGIS is light compared to Adobe Reader.
    Never even heard of ArcGIS. Now googling for it, it appears to be some sort of mapping tool..

Leave a comment:

• skewty
    replied
    Originally posted by xzhao View Post
    PDF documents from cic.gc.ca is currently my only reason to keep a Windows virtual machine on my desktop.
    I too struggled with their PDF forms (sponsorship + permanent residence forms) until I found Master PDF Editor (https://code-industry.net/get-masterpdfeditor/).

You may wish to give it a try.

Leave a comment:

• MrMorden
    replied
    Originally posted by aht0 View Post
    I like Okular. At some point I even installed it on Windows machines using 'KDE for Windows' installer, because it was lighter and handier compared to Adobe Reader
    That's not saying much. ArcGIS is light compared to Adobe Reader.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied

Yeah, people keep on hating GTK apps which is fair to some degree, but some GTK apps are much more advanced then their KDE counterparts. gThumb has more features than GwenView and already supported 512px thumbnails and also has HiDPI support. And Lollypop is much more advanced than any KDE music player (besides AmaroK, but development of the KDE 5 version is painfuly slow). Just to name a few examples.

Nothing against KDE/Plasma btw, happy Plasma user here But it's not always greener on the KDE side, some things are better at the GNOME/GTK side when it comes to app functionality.
    Yep. I use the Users and Groups tool from Mate and a few other GTK apps with my Plasma Desktop. I don't use anything with a hard dependency on Gnome -- I have to draw a line somewhere and "depends on Gnome" is that line.

Leave a comment:

• SystemCrasher
    replied
    Somehow Okular is one of few we-always-use-K-programs worth of mention. Really good pdf viewer - but only for KDE environments. Starts to remind Acrobat X everywhere else - equally bloated and slow to start if one does not runs KDE so does not haves all these huge KDE libs preloaded

Leave a comment:

• Termy
    replied
    And Lollypop is much more advanced than any KDE music player (besides AmaroK, but development of the KDE 5 version is painfuly slow).
    you should take a look at cantata if you want a "modern amarok" - plus, its extremely lightweight with MPD.

Leave a comment:

• aht0
    replied
    Last edited by aht0; 13 January 2019, 06:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X