X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• molecule-eye
    replied
    Originally posted by finalzone View Post
    On Fedora 29, there is Thunderbird on Waylan working fine on default Gnome Shell session (using Wayland).
    Didn't know, cheers! I was using firefox-wayland on Fedora and it worked great.

Leave a comment:

• piotr.dobrogost
    replied
    I'm wondering if they now would try fixing really serious and really old bugs like this one which is 11 (!) years old – "Killed (ignored) threads show non-zero count of unread mail / news article" (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=448876)

Btw, if someone wants to bump this up then feel free

Leave a comment:

• V1tol
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael_S View Post
    Does anyone know off-hand if profiles for Thunderbird are cross-platform compatible? Can I copy one from Linux to Windows?
    I am not sure about today, but couple of years ago I even had the same Thunderbird profile folder shared between Linux and Windows. Main profile was Windows one and it was symlinked in Linux folder - and it was working great. I did not have any addons in Thunderbird though. You can try this yourself (of course, backup profile folder first).

Leave a comment:

• Weasel
    replied
    Originally posted by caligula View Post
    This is a perfect task for Rust.
    No the perfect task for Rust is writing an application that removes all Rust references from your machine.

Leave a comment:

• Weasel
    replied
    Heh, didn't think of it. Thanks. Does anyone know off-hand if profiles for Thunderbird are cross-platform compatible? Can I copy one from Linux to Windows?
    Should be compatible, except for settings that require filesystem paths, but it's not like it will break anything (you'll just have to set them again next time you e.g. download an attachment, as if they were never set).

Leave a comment:

• polarathene
    replied
    Originally posted by dwagner View Post
    Better delete that post of yours. Given the insanity of today's development hypes, the Mozilla team is not unlikely to read your post, find it inspiring and do just that..
    If they even did, one would assume to implement such they'd need a bit of knowledge about what it all is and realize that it doesn't make much sense. Gatsby would be silly if fully static(I'm actually picking this up now, and I think you run some dynamic stuff on the client side but it seems to mostly aim for static output for each page, some ones project produces over 16k pages...), the react/redux part isn't that bad though. The worker with emscripten C++ to JS is going to be an obvious dafuq? Run the C++ as native code on the server, client doesn't need that, if they did there is WASM these days, not sure what the point of mentioning localhost was for a nodejs backend?(if there is some joke in that please share, assuming this was on the server), docker micro-services is fine, base-image is redundant, orchestration isn't odd either if you're doing such a service that uses containers and needs to scale beyond a single server which this probably would.

What you'd more likely see if such a route was taken was port the front-end to Qt and use the newer feature for WebGL streaming in browser making it a "web app" :P Your data then could be connected to some storage service or you could self-host.... or just run Thunderbird locally as it currently works.

Leave a comment:

• finalzone
    replied
    Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
    But it flickers like crazy in wayland, at least using Intel hardware (known bug).
    On Fedora 29, there is Thunderbird on Waylan working fine on default Gnome Shell session (using Wayland).

Leave a comment:

• molecule-eye
    replied
    Originally posted by fuzz View Post

Do you ever have any issues getting KMail to work? Getting it set up seems problematic for most people, so it seems astounding to trust email with it :/. Stuff like this is super common: https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=215&t=138986
    I use it on and off. It's definitely been buggy in the past but has been working quite nicely lately--really none of the usual akonadi issues (e.g. of not fetching mail after resume from suspend). Setting it up certainly takes more effort than evolution and thunderbird but it's not too much of a hassle and it integrates with Plasma. But it flickers like crazy in wayland, at least using Intel hardware (known bug).

Leave a comment:

• caligula
    replied
    Originally posted by sireangelus View Post
    If any of the developers is reading this, my wishlist is composed of just 2 items:
    Make the client load each email account in parallel- 2019 guys, we have multi-core and gigabit internet.
    Android app.
    This is a perfect task for Rust.

Leave a comment:

• sireangelus
    replied

Heh, didn't think of it. Thanks. Does anyone know off-hand if profiles for Thunderbird are cross-platform compatible? Can I copy one from Linux to Windows?
    Yes. I do this every time we had a mixed enviroment at the office since a year ago(now all linux). No problem whatsoever but contrary to linux to linux you need a little bit more of fiddilng due to the registry (don't remember if you had to rename the folder to the name thunderbird creates for the local profile in the appdata folder)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X