GIMP Developers Prepare For A Busy 2019 With Inching Towards GIMP 3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIMP Developers Prepare For A Busy 2019 With Inching Towards GIMP 3.0

Phoronix: GIMP Developers Prepare For A Busy 2019 With Inching Towards GIMP 3.0

The GIMP team has posted their 2018 redux covering the debut of GIMP 2.10 and the various improvements they focused on over the past year. Additionally, they provided a sneak peak of where they will be focusing their development efforts for 2019...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

GTK2 really should bite the dust already. Gimp is a major user of it still. What about inkscape? When is it switching to GTK3? Audacity is another one of those.
    Last edited by shmerl; 02 January 2019, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Adjustment/filter layers, one of the most asked feature, hopefully will make it into GIMP3.

Comment

I think they are trying to cram too much into one release.
        I would really like to see a GIMP version powered by GTK 3.0 as soon as possible. I don't want the GTK3 to be held up by lots of other unrelated things such as color conversion and GEGL.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          I think they are trying to cram too much into one release.
          I would really like to see a GIMP version powered by GTK 3.0 as soon as possible. I don't want the GTK3 to be held up by lots of other unrelated things such as color conversion and GEGL.
          But in the end, GIMP is about image processing and not a GTK tech demo. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Kemosabe View Post

But in the end, GIMP is about image processing and not a GTK tech demo. ;-)
            Absolutely. But I wouldn't use it it used GTK 1, Motif or Tk.
            I mostly use GIMP to do very basic operations.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
              Audacity is another one of those.
              Technically, Audacity is written using wxWidgets, but a quick google didn't clear up whether it's wxGTK or Audacity or both that need to change to support GTK+ 3.x.

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

Technically, Audacity is written using wxWidgets, but a quick google didn't clear up whether it's wxGTK or Audacity or both that need to change to support GTK+ 3.x.
                wdWidgets was already ported to GTK 3.0 some time ago, but it has quite a few issues.

Comment

Feels like it would benefit them just to switch to Qt point blank.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                    Feels like it would benefit me just to switch to Krita point blank.
                    Being GTK's place of birth, it would be ironic if they switched to Qt.

I dislike how GIMP gets all the attention, despite being 10 years behind Photoshop and Krita being better...

Comment

Working...
                    X